Like Tree4Likes

Taking A level exam in my 30s

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

First, you should be proud of yourself for wanting to finish your A levels.
    Since you are in your 30s, you might want to ask yourself what do you hope to achieve with the A levels?
    Is it self satisfaction of having completed them OR are the. A levels to help you get to the next step, may be a degree ?

If I were you I would have a long hard think about this. You might find that your work experience can get you onto an associate degree or a university certificate course.

There are so many options available out there.

Also, check out coursera.com. and edx.org where you can sign up and complete university course components. You can get the official certificate if you complete all the assignment and pay for the certificate. Or you can do the courses for free.

check out
    Alison.com
    edx.org
    coursera.com

A lot of these courses also count towards CPD points (continuous professional development).
    These are short courses and will give you a boost and also may open your eyes into another course direction.

There are also a lot of online A level courses for the UK. However, I don't know much about them.

Really, think where you want to be ....then think what you need to get there. A levels might not be needed.

Good luck .

What’s your area of expertise? Why don’t you consider some form of Higher Education related to your work? What are entry requirements for Mature Students?

Quote Originally Posted by Trebor:
    Your A Levels would effectively be defunct by now anyway, nothing beats work experience, especially some grades in arbitrary subjects you would have taken when you were 18,

So if you are doing it in the belief it might help with your career aspirations i wouldn't bother. A degree might be more useful but even then it really depends on what you want to do/what you are doing now in terms of career.

Not true

You need to finish secondary school to be a property agent in HK

There are other government jobs etc which require it

It is possible to miss out on some jobs because of not having finished secondary school

Quote Originally Posted by Irish Man:
    Not true

It is possible to miss out on some jobs because of not having finished secondary school
    Yes I realise that if you are looking to go in at entry level for a career change but nothing in the OP’s post suggested he was looking to take them in order to change careers. Perhaps he can clarify

Quote Originally Posted by boblazar:
    Looking more into self-study route.
    https://www.cambridgeinternational.o...-and-a-levels/

You can sit the exam in HK with HKEAA

If you lack formal qualifications UK offers Access courses to Higher Education. I’m not sure if HK offers anything similar?

https://www.accesstohe.ac.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by Irish Man:
    Not true

A levels have nothing to do with finishing secondary school. Most people in the UK finish secondary school without any A levels.

Quote Originally Posted by boblazar:
    I'm in my 30s with a full time job. I did not finish secondary education, is it too late to take A-levels exam? Where can I start? Looking for some advice
    It is possible to study for A levels online, eg with the National Extension College: NEC.ac.uk However, if wanting to take an exam in HK, will need to find out whether the Board setting that exam schedules in HK.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2