Public school recommendation for NCS teens

Public school recommendation for NCS teens

Looking for advice please.

We need a temporary (6 months) education option for a 14 year old NCS. Can anyone recommend a public school with more NCS students?

I'm afraid that even if classes are taught in English, students will speak Cantonese at break times which will limit social contact.

Location is not important right now. Just looking to see what's out there. Thanks everyone!

Try starting here

https://www.edb.gov.hk/en/student-pa...ren/index.html

Or call EBD for new to HK students hotline
    2892 6191
    2892 6192

Not sure there are any public schools which will have many NCS students. I taught at Creative Secondary School in Tseung Kwan O which is all English speaking lessons and 60% western teachers but there were only a handful of western kids and even those spoke Cantonese.

Fact is, if you dont speak chinese or cantonese, it limits your social contact even more

I would recommend not going through the public school route for a 14 year old who is NCS. There are other international school options available that would probably better fit your child. There are wide ranges of international schools which charge low to high monthly tuition fees, depending on your financial circumstances.

If you look around you can find some good schools which have over the years developed decent non Chinese communities.

I frequently see Indian and western kids getting on the school bus from Kennedy Town and going to this school ..

https://www.cwcc.edu.hk/en/index

If it is for 6 months - what curriculum are you looking for? Does the kid have a proper dependant visa? Will you be telling the school that this is just a six month entry?

Just asking ...