Permitted Teacher Status

Closed Thread

Permitted Teacher Status

Hi,

I am a qualified teacher in the UK having gained my QTS via Assessment Only Route with TES Institute. I was offered a job in HK however the offer was retracted as the EBD would not accept it.

My question now is, does anyone know which schools will register teachers through Permitted Teacher Status? Might there be a list somewhere? Should I expect the salary to differ much from what a Teacher with TR might get?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

I think it likely any schools would require you to be a registered teacher with the EDB if you were to take a teaching post. They would require you to do the same process regardless. Did they give you grounds for the rejection? You may be able to provide further evidence.

This was the reason...

In Hong Kong, individuals with Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) will need to provide evidence that their teaching practice was observed as part of receiving their qualifications. Unfortunately, your QTS status was obtained through an assessment-only route which makes you ineligible for TR status from the HK Education Bureau.

This is not strictly true. Obviously there were observation however because it does not have a University name to it, they don't consider it official

This was the reason...

In Hong Kong, individuals with Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) will need to provide evidence that their teaching practice was observed as part of receiving their qualifications. Unfortunately, your QTS status was obtained through an assessment-only route which makes you ineligible for TR status from the HK Education Bureau.

This is not strictly true. Obviously there were observation however because it does not have a University name to it, they don't consider it official