Like Tree11Likes
  • 1 Post By East_coast
  • 7 Post By hullexile
  • 3 Post By GentleGeorge

HK scholars emigration wave with mainland Chinese filling vacancies

HK scholars emigration wave with mainland Chinese filling vacancies

newhkpr likes this.

This will be the case for every job in the city in time. Shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by newhkpr:
    This will be the case for every job in the city in time. Shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone.
    In my university in the UK (its a well-known one), academic staff from the rest of the world comfortably outnumbered British academic staff

Quote Originally Posted by GentleGeorge:
    In my university in the UK (its a well-known one), academic staff from the rest of the world comfortably outnumbered British academic staff
    From the rest of the world, a great thing. To be encouraged.

From one country, the same country, not a good thing. Diversity of ideas and cultures is something Beijing wants to crush.

It has always been this way even in Sgp, new master/phd students in the university are mostly from the 2 largest population country in the world... similar jobs are so as well.. so i don't see what are the difference from HK...

Quote Originally Posted by freeier:
    It has always been this way even in Sgp, new master/phd students in the university are mostly from the 2 largest population country in the world... similar jobs are so as well.. so i don't see what are the difference from HK...
    The difference is angry expats who insult the Singapore system online get doxxed and deported very swiftly, whereas the HK government hasn't worked out how to doxx expats using fax machines just yet

Quote Originally Posted by freeier:
    Two countries one system.

(education system)

Quote Originally Posted by GentleGeorge:
    You make a good point. Other jurisdictions due look for diversity to strengthen their institutions reputations.