Like Tree7Likes
  • 3 Post By pin
  • 3 Post By aquaman
  • 1 Post By shri

Harbour School / DSC

Harbour School / DSC

Hi everyone....moving to HK soon and would like to receive some opinions about Harbour School and DSC for our 6-years old daughter. How do they receive new students (specially non English speakers)? Is it easy to dropoff/pickup onsite? Tks

DSC as in Delia? Will be a heck of a commute from Repulse bay.. or do they have a Southside campus?

Yeah... Delia... pretty far, right? Almost putting it out from my options. Or maybe look for somewhere else to live...

Does the employer have debentures or can they provide admissions assistance? There are quite a few international schools that are commutable from Repulse Bay.

Also what country are you expecting to return to. Many prefer their home country schools. You have HKIS (American), CDNIS (Canadian) french, German swiss etc etc within easy reach as options..

A lot will depend on availability - seems like demand is back from locals and new expats.

Last edited by shri; 20-06-2024 at 11:25 AM.

Just FYI DSC is no longer part of Delia. It was taken over / bought by CTF Education Group.

hullexile, shri and chingleutsch like this.

These school have massive waiting lists, how do you just 'enter'?
    I think your wish lists needs re-evaluation on what is actually possible...

Quote Originally Posted by redslert:
    These school have massive waiting lists, how do you just 'enter'?
    I think your wish lists needs re-evaluation on what is actually possible...
    Corporate debentures.

Large companies hold debentures in quite a few schools, private clubs which allows them some flexibility to bring in employees and their families quickly.

A couple of school corporate debentures that I am aware of have grades which guarantee places (no waiting at all), allow waiting list skips (i.e. top of waiting list) or put kids on the waiting list ...

Some corporate debentures specially in the private club space are held by holding / special purpose companies and trade at a very heavy premium ... can be rented, company can be sold etc. There are agents that manage this.
    jimbo_jones likes this.

i think the key is the bus routes the school provides. having a stop near/at your apartment makes a huge difference. being first to get dropped off or last to get dropped off may mean 30 min difference. bus routes for most schools are posted on their website and dont they change much.

shri, Mary 2 and chingleutsch like this.

technically, some schools do not allow private cars pick and drop off

Quote Originally Posted by pin:
    Just FYI DSC is no longer part of Delia. It was taken over / bought by CTF Education Group.
    CTF Education Group (which is owned by Chow Tai Fook Enterprises) also owns VEO, Victoria Playpark etc. (not to be confused with Victoria CWB). Seems like they continue to expand and invest upstream in the education system to get vertical integration and control. Quite commercial. Wouldn't be surprised they are working on something with DSC International School to copy the success of VEO to VSA.