Acting Education in Hong Kong?

Closed Thread

Acting Education in Hong Kong?

Hey all,

I'm currently studying in Hong Kong at a secondary school for the IB diploma. Since I started to look around for universities in Hong Kong, I couldn't find much of a start point of what I was looking for which is.. acting. I did look at HKAPA, but my Cantonese isn't that strong, though I understand the language, my speaking, writing aren't that good. : (.

Anybody recommend where I can look for higher education for acting in Hong Kong which is English based. I would like to jump straight at the chance of entering the business but higher education seems very important in life.

I hope someone can answer to my passion to drama! Hopes for all your help!

Migelu

i have a cousin that did a performing arts degree in bristol, england and has been able to return to hk and find work teaching drama...

you may want to look overseas if you are looking for a GOOD english-based programme.

good luck!

As far as I know, HKAPA will be impossible for you without the ability to read Chinese, as I believe, that they have a no-substitute policy for it, meaning that you'll likely have to read scripts, books written in Chinese in some shape or form.

I'm not sure to the degree of it, but I've been personally contacted about them in regards to the language of instruction, etc.

I hope you can find a good school. If you're looking for some courses outside of post-secondary education, the Hong Kong International Film Academy does have some acting courses instructed by an award winning TVB actress that had previously taught Karena Lam I think.. They are no substitute for post-secondary education, so purely just to hone your craft.