Where to get used books?

Closed Thread

Where to get used books?

Until recently, the best place (that I know of) was in DB and Mui Wo, but the owner has begun stockpiling ancient books, which he thinks are valuable. Who in HK wants a 15,000$ copy of T. H. Lawrence? I don't.

I want books that are worth reading and I want them cheap. (35$)

And students don't.

I'm talking about English books, classics, current, cutting edge, not collector garbage. Who cares if you have a the first edition of a piece of garbage riddled with errors?

Where to get? Page One and Dymocks are too flaky, too commercial. I'm interested in Science and History.

http://www.geoexpat.com/forum/thread32739.html

You can refer to this thread to see where you can buy used books.

Quote Originally Posted by edx:
    Who in HK wants a 15,000$ copy of T. H. Lawrence? I don't.

I want books that are worth reading and I want them cheap. (35$)

I'm talking about English books, classics, current, cutting edge, not collector garbage. Who cares if you have a the first edition of a piece of garbage riddled with errors?
    Like getting the name of the author wrong?

Seriously, whilst I agree on the "first edition" thing, if you think D H Lawrence (assuming that is who you meant) is "garbage riddled with errors" and not a "classic" then you obviously still have plenty of learning to do...

In the Lair of the Village Idiot's Apprenctice

I can let you have my personal private copy of 7 pillars [by T.E.] for 5% off if you pm me by six.

Just deposit $7125 into my telebet account as sign of real intent -the other half on delivery

Seven Pillars of Wisdom, by T. E. Lawrence

There are three places in Mui Wo to get used books. The Bookshop, which has a great selection. Tony's, a hair salon with some used books, and the wonderful "Oh Baby Baby" shop on the main street, which has a nice selection from $10-$20.