Like Tree4Likes

Online INTESOL vs. Trinity TESOL

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Online INTESOL vs. Trinity TESOL

Hey all, I'm new to this whole teaching thing & I was wondering whether there will be a difference if I took my TESOL qualification online from FirstClass or if I took it @ Trinity (in Sheung Wan)
    The only difference is that the online one is (a lot) cheaper but the Trinity one offered by English For Asia apparently claims it's a more "hands on approach"

Would the EMB mind which 1 I opt for?

I don't know too much about the online TESOL, but I've just completed the Trinity one and it was really useful! You learn so much from it, especially if you're new to teaching. Plus, you get actual supervised teaching practise which I guess you won't with the online one. I think the EDB will ask you about the hours of teaching practise you've done.

Hope that helps.
    Drop me a pm if you want to know any more about the Trinity TESOL.
    :-)

Adam Giles likes this.

Hi Believin,

As a course manager for FirstClass Intesol, I just wanted to confirm that we offer an additional teaching practice certificate to graduates of our Certificate in Tesol course. If you are already a teacher in Hong Kong we can arrange for an assessor to come to your place of work if you would prefer to do it that way.

Please don't hesitate to contact me if you want any want further information, I'll be happy to post you a free information pack (with absolutely no pressure here for you to commit.) We encourage you to go with the program that best suits your needs. Good Luck!

Nashua Gallagher
    Course & Marketing Manager
    FirstClass Intesol Ltd.

Will there be an additional cost for the teaching practice certificate?
    If so how much?

believin, do you work for Intesol?
    If your question is real and not just a set up for an advertisement, I would recommend the Trinity course - very well known and accepted around the world. The Celta at British council is also good.

Believin, I have PMed you the information.

Thanks,

Nashua

I did my TESOL Training at TEFL International Cebu last year in the Philippines.

It was a 4 week intensive course with six teaching practices and it gave me the basics and confidence to start a teaching career in Hong Kong.

Also, one of the big advantages of doing your TESOL in Cebu is the cost of living with it being so cheap compared to Hong Kong. I saved a fortune and had a great time exploring Cebu during the weekends and after the course had finished.

If you want to know more, just drop me a line and I'll be happy to share my experiences.

Is there another choice besides the Trinity in Hong Kong that offers pretty much the same thing? As I have a full-time job during the day I can't take off a whole month to go for the Trinity class. But I also know that the online ones aren't that reliable either (as in accreditation). Anyone know of a classroom setting TESOL certificate course in HK?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by goldenhair:
    believin, do you work for Intesol?
    If your question is real and not just a set up for an advertisement, I would recommend the Trinity course - very well known and accepted around the world. The Celta at British council is also good.
    No, I'm unemployed right now

Which course is cheaper? The Celta or Trinity?

I am also looking at acquiring my TESOL qualification here in Hong Kong, so, I can start a teaching career.

I checked with the British Council and they do not offer the CELTA course here in Hong Kong anymore.

There is a Trinity course here in Hong Kong, but, its pretty expensive HK$25,000.

However, I contacted Language Key in Hong Kong after reading their reply to my message 'TESOL Training' yesterday.

They can secure me a place on a TESOL training course at TEFL International Cebu for US$1490, so, I've decided to go with that option as I can save myself a fortune. Also, the guy who sells the places on the course attended the training course last year, so, it was good to get a lowdown on the place before I secured my place on the course.

So, I'm off on my working holiday next month

Last edited by BiggyCulls; 21-08-2009 at 10:18 AM.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast