guess they don't ethics at UST

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

PDLM, you've changed your tune considering your recent post criticizing Carang on racism!

This guy is obviously a First Class idiot, this is the cheapest "hunting" trick around. I wonder what does the MBA stand for? "Married But Available"?!

I think pre-1997 it was I have a foreign passport enticement, nowadays, it's gone back to the "I am highly qualified and have potential to earn loadsamoney" trick.

Is "spokesmodel" a real word?

PDLM: Interesting point by Ray. I would be interested in how you can argue it is totally wrong and against all morals and principles to discriminate on grounds of how you look (race) but totally OK on how you look (gender).

Last edited by hullexile; 21-09-2009 at 02:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    Is "spokesmodel" a real word?

PDLM: Interesting point by Ray. I would be interested in how you can argue it is totally wrong and against all morals and principles to discriminate on grounds of how you look (race) but totally OK on how you look (gender).

As the late great United States Senator Everett Dirksen (probably the last decent Republican Senator) used to say, PDLM is a man of many principles, the first amongst these is flexibility.

With PDLM it depends whose ox is being gored.

That's easy... the ability of a teacher to teach English is totally unrelated to the colour of his/her skin. The ability of a person to get people to take and read flyers is clearly related to the looks and personality and sex of that person.

Are you telling me that we should have lardarse lingerie models instead of Chrissie Chau?

Quote Originally Posted by PDLM:
    That's easy... the ability of a teacher to teach English is totally unrelated to the colour of his/her skin. The ability of a person to get people to take and read flyers is clearly related to the looks and personality and sex of that person.

Are you telling me that we should have lardarse lingerie models instead of Chrissie Chau?
    exactly... thats the kind of job i would be too manly for!

I don't see how handing out flyers has anything to do with looks and sex appeal - enlighten me oh wise one! Btw, looking at the poster & leaflet distributors at the bottom of the escalator of World Wide House doesn't excite me in any way, they are "quite ordinary" males and females of varying ages

he does have a point...

sex sells, and thats why some weekends, you get those hot young girls in miniskirts giving out leaflets in causeway bay and mongkok.

its all psychological; if you are staring at the hot young fillies, and they look around and you make eye contact, then you feel you have to take a leaflet because you cannot pretend you didnt notice them.

Ummmm...I disagree. Physically handing out leaflets does not take good looks to do well in my opinion.

Back to the OP, (btw, someone red dotted me [don't give a flock] as offensive for my comment that these ego chasing MBAs were on a cheap pull ), the advert itself was offensive, read like an advert for a PR hostess, and it would be reasonable to assume that the OP was actually indeed on a cheap pull. I mean HK$100 to attract a PYT, hell, that's way cheaper than a pull in LKF!!! Some of these so called MBAs need to get a life, study dead subjects as we say in Cantonese, relying on money pulling power to pull instead of actually attracting girls by expressing themselves - sad Donalds!!! Ha! Ha! Ha!

Last edited by ray98; 22-09-2009 at 12:05 PM.

Well, if 'you' were planning to wear the lingerie you would have a better idea of how it would look on you