I believe the statement below means that a dependent of someone on a working visa can study at university without applying for any special study visa. I just thought I'd ask for confirmation on this point as I find the wording just slightly ambiguous on the immigration web site and wasn't sure if this includes study at tertiary level. Can someone please let me know if I'm interpreting it correctly?

From http://www.immd.gov.hk/ehtml/faq_hkv.htm:
"Q5: Are there any restrictions on dependants (including both spouses and unmarried dependent children under 18) who have entered Hong Kong under the new dependant policy to study in local schools?

A5: All dependants do not require prior permission from the Director of Immigration to study in Hong Kong. There is no change in this respect under the new policy."

Thanks! Hope this info is useful to others too.