Higher education in Hong Kong

Closed Thread

Higher education in Hong Kong

Greetings,

Currently, I am looking at HKU's master of finance and City U's financial engineering programs, since I am not familiar with Hong Kong's higher education system, I would like to know any information about these two programs such as, acceptance rate, graduation rate, career potential, which one is a better choice?

please feel free to throw in your 2 cents any suggestions or comments will be welcomed and greatly appreciated.

The confused one

I have the same questions. I am a fresh grad with a finance degree, who moved back to hong kong from the U.S. 3 months ago. Now i am between getting a suck ass job (non professional job) and going to grad school for a master in economics or finance (i got a pretty good GPA, I could probably get into a good program).
    I need some career guidance. How can i ultimately become an analyst?

This is what my friend told about!!

HKU Master Fin and CITYU Master Fin are very different.

HKU focus on training students to have better qualification to work...so they hv a master degree from HKU, they are more likely to get a good job...

For cityu, it aims at further study, MPhil or PhD. CityU is more difficult than HKU programme.

Besides the reputable brand name of "HKU", actually cityu is better than hku programme (materially speaking)....

Statistics tell that about 10% cityu graduates can further go for Phd abroad..

so it depends on what u want....if u want to compete in the job market, then HKU is better
    or further study, then u should go for cityu

Acceptance rate 1-2 years work experience is favoured.
    HKU has better name and so for job prospects it good...
    Not sure about graduation rate..Probably HKU shud be better..