Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By drumbrake

Free English textbooks for Chinese students

Closed Thread

Free English textbooks for Chinese students

I have 70 unused copies of each of 2 English language text books to give away. They are aimed at Chinese students learning English, at about Form 1 - Form 2 level.

The books were written in the late 80s, and sold quite well for some years - but sales have dwindled and the publisher is no longer promoting them, and wants to clear the last remaining stock from their warehouse.

If anyone here knows of a school, charity, bookshop, or anyone else who could use them please get in contact so I get them passed on.

If I cant find a place for them in the next few weeks they'll be pulped, or (this being HK) end up as landfill - which seems a waste.

I know this is a little off topic - but there are lots of people interested in education here so I'm hoping.

You could try the Salvation Army.

Malcolm99 likes this.

Good suggestion. I've emailed them.

Thanks

Drop the Society for Protection of Children a line. They run a number of day care centers /after school centers for young children. We'd donated several toys to them a while back.

Hong Kong Society for the Protection of Children

If you don't get a response, drop me a line and I'll dig up some contacts for you.