Any foreign students in HKU?

Closed Thread

Any foreign students in HKU?

I am a local student. I have always wanted to get to know more foreign friends. Does anyone of you wanna have a drink in the starbuck next to the main library? Please pm me!

Isn't there some sort of internal HKU student forum for this sort of thing? I think you'd be better off posting there...

Yes. HKU, has a Gay student Union that he can join. I have noticed that they have open membership at the beginning of each semester.

Eh? Where did he mention his (or her) sexuality?

Maybe jpinst made that assumption based on the fact the OP is a member of Physical Fitness.

there is no common online forum for hku foreign students

To learn Chinese

I just moved in Hong Kong from Los Angeles 2 days ago for work. I am looking for some friends to teach me Chinese, Mandarin.
    I will live in Hung Hom from next weekend and work at China Hong Kong City. Look forward to some feed-backs at [email protected].
    Have a wonderful weekend.

HKU has a department/society which handles all the admin, welcomes, gatherings etc. for exchange students each year. When i was there, they also had a mentor scheme where an exchange student can be paired with a local student to help them get acclimatised.

You can go to their office and ask how to volunteer and they should be just about sorting this out for their intake of students arriving in September.