Who Is Studying Here?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Who Is Studying Here?

Just wandered if anyone here is studying in HK - full time or as an exchange student. I've noticed HKU has an 'international' lounge but it seems to be a bit thin on the ground when it comes to international students...

If you are here and studying; where are you studying, what are you studying and when are you here till?

Im taking a BBA in International Business & Global Management at HKU http://www.fbe.hku.hk/programs/bba/index.asp?doc=ibgm . I'll stay for three years (at least), not counting my exchange-semester in Tokyo after christmas.

HKU is loaded with exchange students, but I only know a few foreigners actually taking their whole degree here, not counting postgrads.

What about yourself?

I'm doing my PGDE at HKU; it seems like it'd be a nice place to hang out and meet people, if I had more time.

Hey, I’m doing my full MSC in International Urban Planning (in the Knowles building off the square by Starbucks). It’s a Two Year course, and there aren’t many foreign students. I have to also say that HKU's international student planning isn’t that great (I missed the initial bus tour and there has been nothing since) so I haven't really met any international students!

I'd definately be interested in meeting up with other foreign students, especially as HKU has made the effort to provide the facilities to do so!

L_M

The thing is that we who are fulltime international students are kind of left out, all the exchange students I know get tons of mails regarding events etc every week, and they hang out alot aswell.

Haha...just stop by starbucks for a talk, I spend an easy 2hrs a day there...u guys know my face from the avatar!

HKU puts lots of effort in turning itself into an "International University".. from your messages, it seems like they're on their way!!

I spent 4 years in HKU before.. wish I could have met so many interesting foreign students back then.. Naaa!!

Working hard playing hard - you HKU lads!

All the best, Blom

Quote Originally Posted by dwoo:
    I'm doing my PGDE at HKU; it seems like it'd be a nice place to hang out and meet people, if I had more time.
    I'm thinking about maybe doing that in the future, are you enjoying the program?

right now i'm more of a student than anything else... well maybe more of a bum

Seems that HKU students have quite a strong presence here. I did my undergrad in HKU . What I miss most is its more cosmopolitan character and this is what HKU has been working so hard for.

Quote Originally Posted by mike2525:
    I'm thinking about maybe doing that in the future, are you enjoying the program?

right now i'm more of a student than anything else... well maybe more of a bum
    The program is a waste of your time and money; however, we are in paperwork-driven Hong Kong so this 2-year, $40000 piece of paper turns out to be a necessary evil if you want to teach in mainstream schools. The coursework is a joke; but you can leverage this to your advantage. I might get a Master's Degree here simply because it won't be too difficult

haha, thanks for the info. I know what you mean about the paper work, they do seem to love it here. Sometimes I want to take a ream of blank printer paper with me and ask if thats enough for them.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast