King George V School and Shatin College

Closed Thread

King George V School and Shatin College

I have applied for jobs here and just wondered if anyone had any ideas about where to live to with easy access to either. We want to be somewhere a little quieter than the city but obviously need transport links to get to work. If you have any ideas of costs in the places to rent a 3 bed place that would be much appreciated.

Cheers.

I would have thought that it wasn't possible to consider the outlying Islands (ie Lantau, Lamma etc) for King George V and definately not for Sha Tin college due to the commute.

But I could be wrong. Anyone here work at KGV and commute from the islands? How long does it take?

Kowloon Tong is a good place to live for KG5 and Sai Kung for Shatin College. There are numerous property agencies who also have websites.

Any websites you could recommend?

Thanks

Thanks for the info. I have heard going through agencies is a lot more expensive than renting needs to be.

What are the alternatives? I am guessing the local papers might be a good place. Word of mouth can also work. And forums of course!

I just graduated from KGV in the year 2006. I lived in Kowloon Tong and its pretty convenient but I know alot of my teachers and school mates lived in Clear Water Bay, Sai Kung, Whampoa... and found it alright.

One of my teachers lived in Stanley and i think it took him around an hour or so to get to work.

There are also apartments near there such... such as argle street and Tin Kwong Road where you can just walk to work.

tai po, ma an shan, fan ling along the kcr line are all much cheaper than KLT or the HK side. Si kung needs a car to get out. 35 minutes to STC from tai po