HKU residency halls

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

hey , i am going to hku for an exchange year as well

I applied for Ricci and st Johns but they actually gave me Lee Hysan Halls and i dont know how good that is, moreover its a shared room hall , am not actually sure what they meant with "shared room" (like different people living in a single room). o well i just have to get there to know for myself as i have already accepted the offer just to be on the safer side, I am from Kings college London BSc Business Management. When are you planning to arrive in HK?

Quote Originally Posted by sillydog911:
    Hi guys.
    After much researching and thinking, I have decided to apply for Starr Hall as my number 1 choice, followed by St. John's then Simon K.Y. Lee. Being an international student, I've naturally chose Starr since it has the largest hall population and also international students population. Therefore, I guess I will fit in just well.

Oh...I'm a BBA in Accounting and Finance student. Hope to get to know anyone out there before going to the uni.

Cheers,
    Alex

hey there

Quote Originally Posted by exchku:
    I applied for Ricci and st Johns but they actually gave me Lee Hysan Halls and i dont know how good that is, moreover its a shared room hall , am not actually sure what they meant with "shared room" (like different people living in a single room). o well i just have to get there to know for myself as i have already accepted the offer just to be on the safer side, I am from Kings college London BSc Business Management. When are you planning to arrive in HK?
    Hi.
    I plan to arrive at Hong Kong on the 24th of August. I got accepted to Starr Hall and I'm very satisfied with it. What it means by a shared room is that you will be sharing a room with another person, aka two people one room. Hope that clears your thoughts.

Hi guys,

I'm an student from an International School in Hong Kong. I'm probably going to apply for a residential hall in the next couple of days. I'm slightly, actually really worried about the Halls. So far I heard Starr Hall has the highest international student population? But I also heard it's the hardest to get in...

I'm local chinese, but I'm worried I won't fit in well

Any recommendations? :\

go and hang out in mong kok for the rest of the summer and you'll be fine.