HKU Postgrad Accommodation

Closed Thread

HKU Postgrad Accommodation

Hi,

I'm going to HKU this year do to a year's Masters and was wondering if anyone knows which of the Postgrad Housing is the best option?

As far as I know, there's only 4 main places I can apply to:

1. Graduate House
    2. St Johns College
    3. Morrison Hall
    4. Pokfiled Road Residences

Has anyone stayed at anyone of those places? What are the good/bad things of each one?

Thanks

They all suck. Got out and get a small apartment. You will not regret it.

Morrison Hall will most likely not have room for post-grads (and you wouldn't want to be sharing a room with an undergrad or living amongst undergrads anyways) so that can be scratched off the list. In my opinion St. Johns is the best since you will have the amenities of an actual apartment. I applied for Graduate House myself because I valued the convenience of living 5 min away from class/library more than having more space. GH is the only rez that is actually "on campus".

Pokfield road has all the amneties of a regular appartment for all their rooms :

pfr

thanks guys

i'm probably gonna go for either st johns or pokfield road residences - they both seem ok

Also, keep in mind that whatever you list as your first choice will likely be the only application that is considered.