Like Tree1Likes

Grand Promenade Tower in Quarry Bay

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by esquire1113:
    Hi everyone,

I've reviewed the numerous apartments available for GP on the internet, but the bedrooms seem to be rather small for a 1000 sq ft apt.
    most rooms in hk are. if you want bigger bedroom u probably have to go for belcher. or some of those at the south/peaks.

Quote Originally Posted by esquire1113:
    Can anyone who lives there provide me some info b/c that's one place I plan to look at during my house hunting trip in 2 weeks.

Are the bedrooms fitted with Warbdrobes / Closets?
    Is the Master Bedroom big enough for a Queen Size Bedrm Set?
    How is the quality of the building? Is the sound proofing good (i.e., won't be disturbed by surrounding apartments?
    Any other information you can give me regarding the lease / rent process would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your advice.
    - wardrobes --> no, unless the owner install them himself before renting to u
    - queen size bedrm set--> the queen size in hk is different from teh rest of the world. u can put a 5ftx6ft bed, but it will be barely passable after that.
    - quality quite good. sound proofing so far i don't face problem because not many ppl staying yet. after 6mths i can't tell.
    - prices are cheaper because alot of supply. bargainable if u know how to.

good luck

grand promenade & tennis

I split my time between Zhuhai(China) & GP since March with an occasional trip back to San Franscisco. I don't know much about HK even though I grew up there. I've been gone for a long time. I love living in GP. GP, of course, is brand new and its view(right on water) is one of the best in HK. The facility should be great & is scheduled to open this month. In addition the neighborhood has tons of open space, many parks and hundreds(almost) of restaurants. All these packed in an extremely convenient location. Go for it.
    Meantime, desperately looking for tennis partners.

Plus... you got a driving range nearby.... Island Golf Club within walking distance. PG of course.

(first post for me after spending the last month reading as much as I can!)

I spent the last two weeks in HK working and looking around for apartments. Back in Australia now, but will be returning to work in HK.

Grand Promenade is definitely impressive in size from the outside, but the inside of the two bedroom apartments is definitely "cosy". But is ok by HK standards I suppose.

The second bedroom is really not big enough for a bedroom - more like a walk-in wardrobe.

But saying all that, I will be moving to HK at the end of June and am currently negotiating rent of an apartment in Grand Promenade.

Cheers.

lslvip,

I'm also looking for a tennis partner. Will be moving to HK at the end of July. Keep in touch, maybe if I decide to go with GP, we can partner up for tennis.

ttyl,

Checked the 1500sq ft apartment 2 weeks ago. Ceiling is a bit low, other than that it is a fantastic apartment by HK standard.

Decided against it because of the number of visitors and moving everyday. I don't know how long it is going to stay like that but it is unlikely to end before next Chinese New Year.

Happy Hour this Thursday (8th June)

Calling all ppl from Quarry Bay, TaiKoo, Soho East area:

Date: 8th June (next thursday)

Time: 6:30 onwards (happy hr starts from 4 - 9pm)

Location: Cafe Einstein, 33 Tong Chong St, Quarry Bay (opp to TaiKoo Place )

Let me know who's coming n I will PM you with the contact details, otherwise Mr-Know-It-all will have to show up in green with Micky Mouse cap! Ha! You can also click onto the following link and put your names down. cheers.

http://www.geoexpat.com/forum/thread10838.html

Unhappy want to catch up at GP

Hi All,

Moved into Grand Promenade last week..we are in the midst of settling down and getting to see the fabulous club,and the restaurants etc...

I realize that loads of u stay at this place..would be fun to catch up for a coffee/beer..do not know a soul here... :-(

cheers

which tower u stay ? i was one of the first to move into tower 1

if there are any get togethers around GP, let me know. i currently live in tower 3.