Like Tree9Likes

smoking regulations

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by reprazent:
    so it's ok when people are hooked on coffee or alcohol (or anything for that matter). but smokers are the scumbags of the world because you are against it? and calling them stupid?
    have you ever heard of second hand caffeine or second hand drunkeness?
    Gatts likes this.

so it's ok when people are hooked on coffee or alcohol (or anything for that matter). but smokers are the scumbags of the world because you are against it? and calling them stupid?

you haters are no better than racists.
    lol Being a coffee addict doesn't kill others, You can't die from second hand coffee fumes

Quote Originally Posted by dumbdonkey:
    have you ever heard of second hand caffeine or second hand drunkeness?
    Many people every year get kill by second hand drunkenness or second hand stupidity !
    dumbdonkey likes this.

The logic used in some of these posts is astounding..

Quote Originally Posted by Renotommy:
    I remember back in the 1970 and till 1990s, I used to dread going to meetings at work because the conference room was filled with cigarette smoke while the door was closed for confidentality.

Somehow, I think the anti-smoking campaign worked. When I started working at my department in 1970s, there were 36 smokers out of 50 employees. When I left five years ago, there was only 1 smoker in the entire dept.
    You mean rest of them passed away..eh!

you haters are no better than racists.
    If you'd like to start a thread about the evils of drugs including alcohol and caffeine, I'd be more than happy to criticize those too. This just happens to be a thread about smoking.

Alcohol is definitely a big problem but there is such a thing as drinking moderately without causing harm to others and it can actually benefit your health.

Smokers are not scumbags, they're an annoyance and I am satisfied with simply having them excluded from public places. If people want to waste money and poison themselves at home or in the street, I can live with it. In fact, I love to see them huddled outside around garbage cans, it's a pretty pathetic sight and the best advertisement one can wish to prevent kids from starting up.

I simply said that it was a stupid choice to start smoking and stated some facts. Now if you think it's a wise and informed choice and you want to try disprove those facts, go right ahead...

I'm afraid that trying to excuse one bad choice by using the fact that people make other bad choices is extremely weak logic.

Can't people be satisfied with answering the OP's question rather than giving another opinionated rant?

That would be very boring...

now am gonna go get me a cup of coffee and pollute the rest of the place with the fume of delightful alluring aroma

Quote Originally Posted by gunsnroses:
    You mean rest of them passed away..eh!

No all, a couple of them did; some did retire, resign or fire.....but the majority of them just quit smoking. The replacements of those who retired, resigned or fired did not seem to be smokers at all. The 1 remaining smoker was the "leftover" from the old crowd......not a new employee.