Cleaners on Caine Road - Fire

Closed Thread

Cleaners on Caine Road - Fire

Dry Cleaners at 73 Caine Road caught fire early this morning.

First I want to start by saying I am glad no one was hurt here. Looked like there is nothing much left on the inside of this place.

Now I had a bunch of stuff I just left the on Sunday afternoon and naturally waited until this morning to go and pick it up and now afraid it's gone. Just curious if anyone else was in the same boat?

We were just talking about this. Sad to see a family business destroyed overnight.

Presumably they'd have some sort of fire insurance wouldn't they?

omg. i was puzzling what happened when saw those ambulance and fire truck this morning!!!

Used to walk past them on my way to school and back home every day.

Hope they get back on their feet.

Last edited by Dreadnought; 10-08-2010 at 10:49 PM.

yeah very nice people that ran the place and really did an amazing job on the items I would leave that needed a little more TLC because of a stain. They have a sign up that says they will reopen in a few days.

As far as the stuff I lost I am debating if I should ask about replacement or not. Don't want to come across as insensitive.

It's the second laundry I've seen burnt out. I guess the hot weather may be a cause?

Your receipt almost certainly says that the liability of the cleaner is limited to some amount, which will almost certainly be far less than the replacement cost of the items. But if they have insurance you might get more than that, so if you can work out how to do it tactfully there's probably no harm in asking, particularly if you are a regular customer.