Please tell me about Pokfulam

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Please tell me about Pokfulam

I am moving over in Dec and my relo lady thinks I may like Pokfulam as the flats there are supposedly laid out more to my likeing - 2 big bedrooms rather than 3 small wedged in like in Mid-Levels.

Was curious what it is like? I am single but don't mind a family atmosphere for living quarters.

How long will a taxi ride take to central (IFC area) before 7 am and after 7pm there and/or back?

Also can you tell me about the general vibe - are there restaurants and is it convenient if you dont have a car to get basic necessities? Is there a beach neaarby? Any info helpful thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by animalmom:
    I am moving over in Dec and my relo lady thinks I may like Pokfulam as the flats there are supposedly laid out more to my likeing - 2 big bedrooms rather than 3 small wedged in like in Mid-Levels.

Flats are more spacious, there is less traffic and noise pollution and the air is cleaner.

Was curious what it is like? I am single but don't mind a family atmosphere for living quarters.
    It is an upmarket residential location of choice, for many who have been in Hk for a while and know that it is not too far.

How long will a taxi ride take to central (IFC area) before 7 am and after 7pm there and/or back?

About 20 mins in the morning, variable in the evening

Also can you tell me about the general vibe - are there restaurants and is it convenient if you dont have a car to get basic necessities? Is there a beach neaarby? Any info helpful thanks.

Few restaurants and a starbucks and a movie hall at Cyberport. Supermarket at Cyberport and Baguio Villa - I suppose there must be a few more. You may not be able to walk it like mid-levels - its not much fun walking from the supermarket anyway. A 15 HKD cabride is all it takes to get to necessities. Cabs are cheap and plentiful in HK. ALso, lots of Green minibuses, specially enroute to Baguio Villas.
    No beaches but plenty of walks and gorgeous sea views depending on the building

Hope it helps. I lived in mid-levels long enough, and now in Pokfulam. So I can easily compare.

I live at Pok Fu Lam near the sportsgound directly at the mountains. It takes 3 minutes to reach the bus stops in all directions, 5 minutes to reach Kennedy town by Mini bus, where you can buy nearly everything, you need. Here are also some restaurants, mostly Chinese, the K1 Bar, a Spanish Tapa Bar und Percy should be open now. Kennedy Town is special and has a local feeling, but it is developing a bit in direction international. To Central I need round about 15 to 20 minutes by bus or taxi, dependend on the traffic and time.
    The first beach is not far away, Deep Water Bay Beach, by taxi round 20 minutes, the next, Repulse Bay Beach needs 5 minutes longer.
    From my home I can take a walk trough the mountains easily to the Peak, to the Pok Fu Lam Reservoir and there are much more trails around.
    All in one I would recommend this area, if you like nature, more space for less money and if you prefer to sleep well without noisy environment. For more questions drop me an email.

Thanks very much - I am very interested in this area after reading your comments.

I especially was interested in the comments on nature and hiking.

AnimalMom,

I live in Pokfulam (Bel-Air to be specific) and have similar working hours as you do and I also work at IFC. Bel-Air has a shuttle to Sheung Wan but I've taken a cab to work at IFC and the fastest I've gotten there is 12 minutes. Going home at around 7 takes a bit longer. But certainly not more than 20 minutes. Like others have said, there are also buses and minibuses. Although they take slightly longer, it's still really fast.

very helpfil thanks very much

inprov

Who are you working with for relocation?

colliers is who my company gave me

Can you please tell me a bit more about Bel-Air. I saw a few pictures of the area and property but have not been there yet to have a look aound. What are the advantages and downsides of living there?
    Many thanks.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast