Concrete plan: Xmas day picnic, Repulse Bay

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Hey

This is such a great plan. I am in! I am gonna bring along some delicous sushi's or chicken.

Where are we gonna meet up btw?

Thanks
    Tony

Xmas Lunch

Hi, I will also be joining the merry band for at Repluse Bay on Xmas day.

See you all there.

Today's update from the exciting world of Christmas Day picnic!

We well be meeting either at the number 6 bus stop at Admiralty bus station at 11:30am, or at/on the beach in front of the Veranda at 12:30pm. I haven't actually been to Repulse Bay for a while, so I can't quite picture it - someone else, like, say, Sheli, should feel free to give more details.

My phone number, for those who are worried about finding people, is 61718423 - please do not call me when you're drunk at 4am or subscribe me to spam SMS lists.

The two things about the food: ideally, bring enough for a couple of people - the point is for everyone to share, so even you've got special dietary needs or something, if you bring enough for you and some to share, there'll still be enough for everyone. And bring something - something interesting if you want, something common if you want, but this is my only rule for the 'event'.

Absolutely anybody is welcome to come along - you don't need to ask permission - just come along and bring some food/drink to share. If everyone brings enough for 1 or 2 people, we'll have loads of food, and hopefully a varied selection. For what it's worth, and for the sake of variety, I'll probably have some kosher cold meat (including some turkey!), crackers, humous and Israeli snacks - nothing wrong with Jewish/Israeli food for a Christmas picnic in China, right?

Secret Santa - great idea, but I'm not going to make it a rule. I'll (probably) bring something, and it would be good if others do, but I wouldn't turn you away if you arrive without. Turn up without food, however, and you may end alongside the turkey...

I called the supermarket, and they're going to be open...

Anything else? Still need more people if we're going to take over the whole beach, people!

Thts Perfect ...

I things the plan is clear with out any confusions ..

so common ppl .. join in .. more the merrier ..

Ricky

Ok, the bus stop is right in front of the Veranda I believe (just ask the bus driver to tell you when you get to Repulse Bay). It is a big beach so when you get there (presumably from Central side) the big Colonial style thing with the Veranda is on your left, the beach is on your right....just get off and walk towards the water (we do want to be close to the actual beach presumably).

My number is 9475 3097...same as our other organising friend only relevent sms and/or calls regarding this event please.

Am getting there around 12:35, look forward to seeing everyone!

This is starting to sound like a lot of fun. I am really strongly considering. Put me down for a 90% confirmed. Just in case I find out I made some sort of other strange plans or the world turns upside down.

Thank you

Signed,

The Chigger

Oops, just replied to the other thread. I'll be coming too and bringing something vegetarian.

Merry Christmas!

The Repulse Bay

I just remembered the street level signage is not for the Veranda, it is for 'The Repulse Bay' which has a dark green oval logo. Behind the colonial Veranda is the huge apartment building with the distinctive rectangle feng shui whole in it.

We are in

I and two of my friends are in...

Merry Christmas..

Me plus one! See you all there!