Concrete plan: Xmas day picnic, Repulse Bay

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thumbs up Concrete plan: Xmas day picnic, Repulse Bay

Well, it seems there's enough people interested in a picnic to make it worth doing, so here's the plan:

We will have a picnic lunch on the beach at Repulse bay, on the 25th. Everybody should bring food - whatever they want, as much as you feel like bringing - and we'll share what we've got. Hopefully, we'll get an interesting selection of food - from an interesting selection of people! I'll grab a bunch of plastic and paper plates/cups/cutlery and bring it along. If you've got odd dietary needs - like me - and if you're worried about eating other people's food, bring a bit more of your own, so you've got some to share

I'm going to suggest we meet up somewhere around Central or Admiralty at about 11:30am on Monday, to head over to Repulse Bay, planning to be there by around 12:30, in case anyone wants to meet us there. Depending on mood, numbers, etc. we can either cab it or jump on the bus to head south.

We'll finish... whenever we're done... and afterwards, we'll go... wherever we go. No need to plan too much - keep it simple - "come to Repulse Bay, bring food, have fun" works for me

As for numbers, well... the more the merrier. It seems there is enough interest already to make it worth doing, but if 50 people turn up, that'd be great. If you're sure you're coming, and you feel like it, let us know here. If you're not sure, feel free to just turn up! If you want contact details for the day, drop me a PM, and I'll give you my number.

Any comments? Did I forget anything? I normally do...

Smile Clear

Thanks for the clear info. I'm so excited to meet everyone!

Kris

Ok, I'll be there with 2 people.
    I think admiralty works better for me, can we do that?
    Ok for food and drinks, off course.....

a newbie wanting to join

hi! I've just spotted this thread and was wondering if it's too late for me to join... I'd like to bring some pasta. Please let me know; thanks!

Hi there

I luv to join and try to get more ppl come. Can i know the contact details? I rather gather at Admiralty...

Tks.

Quaker

So many responses already!

Just joined this forum 2 mins ago and posted a self-intro, then spotted this post! Would love to join the picnic on 25th. Either Admiralty or Central works for me. Food and drink to share, absolutely! Thanks for organizing this, vmlinuz. Let's finalize the meeting place and how we are gonna recognize each other.

Ok, I've organised a 15lb cooked turkey (the smallest they had) with gravy and stuffing, which algaz is picking up and bringing to the beach.

I am going directly to the beach at around 12:30. Shall we meet up at the stretch of beach directly in front of the Veranda? That is were the bus stops anyway. The beach was so empty last Saturday it shoud not be hard to find such a group!

Last edited by Sheli; 22-12-2006 at 03:17 PM. Reason: mispelling

Hi All !!!

This is great ... after all we have a plan .. for christmans

was following the various threads ... but was really confused ..

thx valimuz for doing this ...

BTW .. i am thinking of getting beer ans some quick bites .. how many should i bring .. i was thinking about 30 odd..

let me know ..

Ricky

Mass replies:

Seems there's a consensus towards Admiralty, so I'm going to say we're meeting at the Admiralty bus terminus at/by 11:30am, at the stop for bus number 6 - which is the bus which goes to Stanley, via Repulse Bay.

I haven't been to Repulse Bay for a while, so I'm happy to take Sheli's suggestion to meet at the beach directly in front of the Veranda...

lovehate: great - the more people the better!

thunder_bunny: of course you're welcome to come along, and pasta is good, particularly - from my point of view - if it's veggie

Quaker123: you've got PM! And again - the more people the better!

ritehereritenow: hello, good evening, and welcome. We tend to recognise each other using our secret decoder rings, but if yours hasn't arrived yet, look for a bunch of random-looking people carrying bags of food, look for me (a large white guy) surrounded by people carrying bags of food, or call me...

Sheli: Wow, turkey... someone wanting a 'proper' Christmas, even if it is a beach picnic?

rikckybhk: don't thank me, thank... well, yeah, thank me We don't really have numbers yet, but I was thinking more like if everyone brings enough for 1 or 2 people, there'll be plenty for everyone...

And that's about it for now, except we need more people!

Secret Santa

Seeing as its Christmas anyone into doing a Secret Santa? I suggest people who are into it bring a wrapped gift of around $50. We can put them all into a bag and the people who've participated can draw one out.

Even if its a gesture, its nice to get a wee present on Christmas day.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast