Repulse Bay & Parkview

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Hi Stilli! That's great news that you're coming to Parkview - I am sure you will love the play areas etc etc. We're in the temporary suites as well so send me a PM if you want to get together sometime. Cheers.

Parkview is very convenient. The supermarket is excellent.

Repulse Bay/ParkView

Hi. We are moving to HK next month and had originally picked out an apt. at Parkview only to find out (once we got back home) that the owner had decided to SELL his rental units instead of leasing them! Repulse Bay had been our #2 selection out of the 14 units we looked at that week. The common areas at PV seemed to be kept in better condition and the unit was about 500 sq. ft larger than the one at Repulse Bay. I was bummed about the change. The unit we looked at originally at RB seemed a bit shabby, but the pictures I've seen of the unit we are actually getting looks a lot better. It's been hard doing this rental thing over the computer since we couldn't come back over to search again. I am curious to know how you like ParkView. What am I missing? (if anything) Repulse Bay will be nice because I do love the beach, but I've read you can't even see the beach because of all the people when the weather is nice! Good luck to you.

Quote Originally Posted by mrwobbles2000:
    Hi. We are moving to HK next month and had originally picked out an apt. at Parkview only to find out (once we got back home) that the owner had decided to SELL his rental units instead of leasing them! Repulse Bay had been our #2 selection out of the 14 units we looked at that week. The common areas at PV seemed to be kept in better condition and the unit was about 500 sq. ft larger than the one at Repulse Bay. I was bummed about the change. The unit we looked at originally at RB seemed a bit shabby, but the pictures I've seen of the unit we are actually getting looks a lot better. It's been hard doing this rental thing over the computer since we couldn't come back over to search again. I am curious to know how you like ParkView. What am I missing? (if anything) Repulse Bay will be nice because I do love the beach, but I've read you can't even see the beach because of all the people when the weather is nice! Good luck to you.
    Which building/development in RB? The quality varies over a wide range depending on where in RB you intend to stay.

By the way, where will you be working?

Repulse Bay/Parkview

Well we have been here at PV in the serviced suites for a week now (Snagito would love to get together but cant figure out how to send you a msg) - it is great and a welcomed change from the tiny flat we were in for a month in Mid-Levels (loved the opportunity to live in Mid Levels for a few weeks to get to know the city and enjoy all it has to offer but with a 3 yr old really missed having facilities which our bldg did not have).

What can I say about PV after a week - well the serviced apt is great - very spacious and great for our small family. Quick commute for my husband to Central (15-20 mins by shuttle). The facilities are tremendous - great indoor/outdoor pool, play area, gym etc. Fabulous Park N Shop, but.... over all a bit too isolated for us. Love having the green all around from Tai Tam National Park but I feel like we are in the middle of no where (which some might really enjoy) - and PV does not give me the buzz that I think we will get a bit of by living in Repulse Bay. The bizarre thing about PV is that for as many people that must live here - very few people are ever around - it is really strange. Plus we dont have a car and dont plan on getting one and the only way in and out is by taxi unless you take the shuttle.
    Lastly the weather - other than today we have been in the clouds since we arrived and for me that is a bit depressing. I welcome the opp to live here for a month but do feel like we made the right choice for us to move to Repulse. When do you move mrwobbles? We will be in 101 - perhaps we will be neighbors!

stilli - I sent you a pm, see if you can open it.

101, eh? That's right in front of the roundabout, isn't it? I haven't been there before, but it strikes me that the premises there are quite old. Am I correct?

Still, it's not the age, it's how it's been maintained. Hubby will probably find it a wee bit more inconvenient to commute to Central, but it isn't such a big deal.

You won't like the weekend traffic in summer though.

Repulse Bay

Yes Tinybear- 101 is a bit "worn" but having said that the flat itself is being completely renovated. The traffic is quite busy now so I can only imagine what summer will bring. So much for enjoying the balcony! In the end we realized that we would never get everything we wanted on our wish list - pros and cons to all - and we will do our best to stay positive and enjoy our new digs.

Hey stilli, don't get me wrong. Repulse Bay is a great place. I know many people who'd kill to live there. But, nothing's perfect, right?

Repulse Bay

Right you are Tinybear - nothing is "perfect" in my opinion. For us we really needed to change our mindset - we initially said absolutely no way to a highrise - here we are 15+ flat viewings later - very happy with our choice of a highrise in the end.

We've looked at so many flats in so many areas (Disco Bay, Mid-levels, The Peak, Pokfulam, Stanley, Tai Tam, Respulse...) - and there were pros and cons to each one. And for as many people as we talked to - everyone had a different opinion as to where is the best place to live. In the end it is in the eye of the beholder - and we kind of realized we were making way too big a deal of it (for us anyway). We took a few days break from looking and just enjoyed the buzz and beauty of HK - altered our mindset -and realized that our experience in HK is going to be great and not completely dependent on our living situation. We are grateful for our allowance and for finding a nice, comfortable place to call home for a few years. Can't wait to move in and get settled now. Good luck to everyone else in the search - and many thanks to all for your input and experiences. Cheers!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast