Looking for a flat in Kennedy town

Closed Thread

Looking for a flat in Kennedy town

Hi ,
    I am looking for a 2 room flat in Kennedy town - Mertons or Manhattan heights , need to move by 15 - 20 June . Any idea about current rent would also help !

If anyone knows any good agent please reply .

Many thanks
    Vivek

I'm not staying there currently but was in MH for a month. Just pop into the actual apartment complex - there are people on one of the levels that deal with rentals. From memory you can get a 500 sq ft place for about 15-16, and a much larger flat for about 20k. Price might be negotiable though, and if you get it through an agent it might be cheaper.

Please check your PM.

The MH owners run property a number of floors, but I found their prices to be considerably higher than the ones advertised in shops around MH and the Merton. Just walk a little bit around Kennedy Town and you'll see pics in the windows of the estate agents for flats in both buildings, and even then, you can negotiate a bit on price.

If you need it before you arrive, you could use a MH corporate rental for a month and then go permanent in another unit.

if you are specifically looking at these 2 blocks then there are many property agents by the side and back of Merton Tower 1 that you can walk in and enquire. the prices for these two blocks are quite different though.

you could also consider university heights and cayman rise, both nearby. also mount davis 33 if you want to pay a little more for a bigger 2-bed than the others. it all depends on your budget and size you want.

hope this helps.

Thanks guys for the feedback and suggestion , I will follow what u have suggested , but lastly can you give me approx fig what I shud pay for Merton and MH - 2 bedroom flat ...

I have heard MH facilities are included in rentals unlike Merton's is that true , if yes then how much extra does merton managment charge ...

I just got a place last week, there are places in the Merton going for about $12.5k for a 2 bedroom 630 ft, but not facing the sea. the higher up on the 23rd flr I was shown an apartment that was on the market for $14.5k but the agent thought he could get it for around 13-13.5. You pay more the higher up you are, and most of the sea facing apartments have gone.

He believed at the moment there are about 10-15 2 bedroom rentals available in the merton. I think when over the 20th flr the owners wont go below 13 flor a 2 bed, as it seems to be a rule that they have all brokered, call it market forces!

The rooms are quite small, my living room is 15ft x 9ft, bedroom 10ft x 7ft, second bedroom/storage 7ft x 7ft. as it is a new building, everything is in good order, doors close tight, air cons works well. etc. The kitchen is good enough and the bathroom is clean and the water pressure good. I paid 11.5.

I've been told that the gym in the merton is $20 a pop. Not to bad if you use say 3-4 times a week.

The Merton has gym, sauna, outdoor pool facing the sea, table tennis, snooker room, kareoke room, reading rooms, tv room, 2 piano rooms (odd!) etc. I believe these to be free, apart from the gym.

The most important thing however is to haggle in price, and play one agent off against the other. If they are showing the same flats, they are fighting for the same agents fees.

Remember that they get 50% of your montly rent so for example 13k they get a one off $6.5 fee. If you got it down to 12k, they still get a 6k fee to them. They only lose out on $500 but they still get the $6k they might have missed. You however save $12k a year. BINGO!

The negative correlation happens when you sell a flat, the agent cant be arsed to increase your selling price by 10k, as they only receive an extra 500 in fees.

Do not go to the official buildings agents, they will charge through the nose. Better off going to an agent, of someone who has bought a buy to let apartment.

There are plenty on Belcher and on Davis St.

Hope this helps and good luck