Mid-levels to Central (IFC/Exchange square) - hot

Mid-levels to Central (IFC/Exchange square) - hot

I am finding the heat really starting to get to me in terms of walking up and down the escalators from home in ML to Central (eg to work and back).

Can someone tell me which buses I can take from Caine Road to Central (preferably one which stops near Exchange square?) I saw some tips regarding websites but I have problem accessing one of them and find the other ones hard to figure out.

Alternatively is there somewhere in ML where it may be relatively easy to hail a tax in the morning at about 9am??

PS I am usually one who is very conscious of using electricity but..if only the escalators were enclosed and air-conditioned!

Can't believe we have about 4 more months of this heat!

Alternatively is there somewhere in ML where it may be relatively easy to hail a tax in the morning at about 9am??
    Nope... You don't get one without calling

Can someone tell me which buses I can take from Caine Road to Central (preferably one which stops near Exchange square?)
    No 12 (going up -don't stand on the wrong side)
    http://www.citybus.com.hk/eng/RouSer...routenumber=12

Quote Originally Posted by muse07:
    MacDonnell Rd, has taxis run through continuously all day (even in the morning its not a problem; especially by YWCA). Unfortunately, it's not very close to Cane Rd. You'd have to take Upper Albert Road and cut through the Botanical Gardens (the 5- 10 min walk uphill would probably defeat the purpose of beating the heat).

Number 8 and 28 mini busses both go from Caine Road to central.

http://www.ypmap.com/en/viewer.asp?m...ce=LocationMap

Click on transportation map .. and then green mini bus route search.

even minibuses 22 and I think even 23 go to Central.

Quote Originally Posted by muse07:
    I am finding the heat really starting to get to me in terms of walking up and down the escalators from home in ML to Central (eg to work and back).

Can someone tell me which buses I can take from Caine Road to Central (preferably one which stops near Exchange square?) I saw some tips regarding websites but I have problem accessing one of them and find the other ones hard to figure out.

PS I am usually one who is very conscious of using electricity but..if only the escalators were enclosed and air-conditioned!

Can't believe we have about 4 more months of this heat!
    For buses, either take bus no. 12 (next to the escalator) or bus no. 13 (in Castle Road or opp to Caritus Centre).

I remember running down the escalator from Caine Road to the Landmark about two months ago. By the time I got to Central, I was absolutely drenched in sweat. I went to a newstand for tissues and the guy handed me a pack without me even asking...lol