Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9
Like Tree51Likes

MTR South Island Line - Opening on 28/12/16

One year later...

This line is pretty much at max-capacity during rush hour with the 3-car trains going every ~2 minutes.

Not sure how MTR Corp is going to accommodate even more commuters from the future ~4700 apartment units to be built on top of Wong Chuk Hang Depot.

Quote Originally Posted by GeoTommy
    One year later...

This line is pretty much at max-capacity during rush hour with the 3-car trains going every ~2 minutes.

Not sure how MTR Corp is going to accommodate even more commuters from the future ~4700 apartment units to be built on top of Wong Chuk Hang Depot.
    Can't they add more cars per train or is that the limit?

Quote Originally Posted by civil_servant
    Can't they add more cars per train or is that the limit?
    I don't think they can as the platforms on the SIL were built for the 3-car/compartment trains unlike the Ma On Shan or West Rail Lines where they originally built the station platforms longer than necessary and expanded the number of cars on their trains as needed.

A cheaper solution I wonder?

Quote Originally Posted by TheBrit

Cheaper? How can moving all the excess people to Georgia to ride on that train instead be cheaper?
    civil_servant likes this.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by rathunt
    Cheaper? How can moving all the excess people to Georgia to ride on that train instead be cheaper?
    It will be much cheaper for the excess people to buy property there.. I believe decent 3 bedroom apartments go for around HKD 1.000.000 in the center of Tbilisi. So think of all the money they can save simply by selling their apartment here and moving to there. The move itself may cost some money but the future savings would be huge for all involved. A true win win for those going (cheap living, fresh air) and those staying (less crowded). Not to mention finally utilizing the ridiculous winter clothes they now wear here for no good reason at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Edwardstorm
    It will be much cheaper for the excess people to buy property there.. I believe decent 3 bedroom apartments go for around HKD 1.000.000 in the center of Tbilisi. So think of all the money they can save simply by selling their apartment here and moving to there. The move itself may cost some money but the future savings would be huge for all involved. A true win win for those going (cheap living, fresh air) and those staying (less crowded). Not to mention finally utilizing the ridiculous winter clothes they now wear here for no good reason at all.
    I did just that. In a new high rise (29 floors) with security, pool and Gym, 81 sqm flat, a couple of hectares private garden around the building. 108500 USD. But only to get an escape from the hot summer here. Carpark goes for USD 10000.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBrit

I can just imagine all the pushing and shoving on the stairs as people tried to go up while the others go down.

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile
    I can just imagine all the pushing and shoving on the stairs as people tried to go up while the others go down.
    Can't be worse than on the tram. Just make it one way.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9