Midlevels to ICC

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Midlevels to ICC

How do you travel to ICC from the mid levels for work and how long does it take? I think taxi is probably the only efficient way as I am guessing the escalator + walk + MTR will take at least 40 minutes.

Does anyone know how long it takes and the cost for a taxi via the western tunnel at about 7-7.30am ?

Last edited by boroboy; 30-11-2013 at 03:41 PM.

Depends where in mid levels but abt 90/100hkd. 20mn

Sent from my GT-I9210 using GeoClicks mobile app

Couldn't you live adjacent to ICC for the same price as mid-levels?

Quote Originally Posted by Gruntfuttock:
    Couldn't you live adjacent to ICC for the same price as mid-levels?
    Some people prefer the ghettos

Thanks for the replies.
    I think I would rather pay 120 and spend 20 mins commuting than live in the soulless areas around ICC. I stayed around there before for a little while and in DB for a while too and both areas sucked the life out of me. It has to be the Mid-levels for me until i have kids :-)

Western tunnel taxis charge 65 dollars.

If you lived close by the escalator then 40 mins to Kowloon Station platform would be pretty much worst case. If you walk down the escalator from, say, Mosque Street, then you'd be on the platform in HK Station within 15 mins of getting on the escalator. You'll wait an average of no more than 4-5 mins for a train, and be on Kowloon Station platform 3 mins later.

Asuuming it's about the same time to your office from the platform as from the taxi drop-off then I don't think you'd save much more than 5, or at most 10, mins by getting a taxi. Over $100 seems quite a large amount to pay every day for 5 minutes more in bed.

There is a free shuttle provided by ICC management from IFC to ICC every morning on weekdays. It is very convenient. You need to show badge that you work at ICC.

Quote Originally Posted by ugomit:
    There is a free shuttle provided by ICC management from IFC to ICC every morning on weekdays. It is very convenient. You need to show badge that you work at ICC.
    a saving of $9 compared to how much longer it would take over the MTR..which I'd estimate at 2-3 times the time at a minimum (say 12-15mins door to door)

Original Post Deleted
    How can a newcomer to Hong Kong manage the MTR system? Impossible!

Plus, it's pretty far! Nearly 2 stops!

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast