Where to live in CWB and Quarry Bay Commute time?

Where to live in CWB and Quarry Bay Commute time?

Hi all -

My wife and I are moving to HK and will start to work in Quarry Bay. We have two dogs and are considering living in CWB so we can have a rooftop (Our dogs like sun bath a lot). Our budget is HKD 15-20K. We are hoping to stay in a safe area with good transpotation. What locations will you recommend and how long does it take for daily commute? Thanks!!

Working in Quarry Bay, with the budget you mentioned and a rooftop... try North Point. Not too familiar with CWB rates but my understandind is flats are more expensive there.

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

Does the OP means Clearwater Bay or Causeway Bay? Perhaps the OP could clarify.

Quote Originally Posted by Claire ex-ax
    Does the OP means Clearwater Bay or Causeway Bay? Perhaps the OP could clarify.
    Ahhh... never thoguht of the other possibility. I always thought CWB=Causeway Bay. Seems like a general thought
    CWB - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Sorry for confusion

Sorry. I meant Clear Water Bay!

Quote Originally Posted by Yo1937
    Sorry. I meant Clear Water Bay!
    ooo.... ignore my post then

Quote Originally Posted by Yo1937
    Hi all -

My wife and I are moving to HK and will start to work in Quarry Bay. We have two dogs and are considering living in CWB so we can have a rooftop (Our dogs like sun bath a lot). Our budget is HKD 15-20K. We are hoping to stay in a safe area with good transpotation. What locations will you recommend and how long does it take for daily commute? Thanks!!
    15-20K can get you a duplex, two floors, if you just want the top floor, should cost you no more than 10-12K for normal village houses. Try going to agents in Tai Po Tsai and they will show you loads of village houses or Sai Kung Town, loads of agents there. From Clear Water Bay to Quarry Bay should take you around 30-45 mins. Green Mini Bus to MTR station is quite fast, 10-15 mins then mtr all the way is about most 1/2 hr.

Smile

You could probably get a duplex of 1400 square foot in Clear water bay for your budget. The nearest mtr station is hang hau and it takes about 20 minutes. It is a very green area to live with nice beaches however it is difficult without a car as the nearest shops are at Silverstrand (Park n Shop) and then Hang Hau (where you can get just about everything). Hope that helps