working in Quarry Bay - where to live?

Closed Thread

working in Quarry Bay - where to live?

Hello,

My partner and I are moving to Hong Kong in October and are staying in a serviced apartment in mid levels for the first month. I had hoped to find a permenent place to live in mid levels and be able to walk to the office in Central but my office is now moving to Quarry Bay.

I'm not sure whether mid levels remains a good choice, whether we should look at Happy Valley (as it's nearer to work) or whether to try somewhere else entirely?? I had really wanted to walk to work and not have a long commute but maybe I need to change my thoughts on this now?

Any thoughts much appreciated! We have around 40-50,000 HKD to spend per month, ideally for a 2 bed apartment.

With that budget you will be fine anywhere. There are plenty of apartment options in and near Quarry Bay - it's quite a popular area. I would absolutely move to be closer to work - you will save money as well as time! And pretty easy taxi ride in the evening if you want to go to LKF etc.

Walk to work? then live in Taikoo shing.

When you say "partner" you do know that unmarried partners can't get Dependant Visas don't you? So they either need to get an Employment Visa in their own right or they can't reside here.

Grand Promenade in Sai Wan Ho would be worth a look (20 minutes walk from Quarry Bay). But, as previously pointed out, your budget gives you almost infinite choice.

There's a nice walk through Quarry Bay Park, which extends the entire length of Tai Koo Shing, all the way up to Sai Wan Ho. Good for getting away from the noise and pollution of the street. Hey, there's even some wildlife, like birds and stuff, sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by pebble:
    Hey, there's even some wildlife, like birds and stuff, sometimes.
    That makes a difference!

Thank you all for your comments. Have found a great place near Tin Hau MTR so went in between work and fun in the end. Am very happy with it. JLo