Like Tree24Likes

Big wave bay

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Big wave bay

Hi Guys,

Have been in HK, living in Stanley for some years already. Considering moving to a more local/quiet place on HK island. Can anyone share some information on living in big wave bay, is this common? What would be pro/cons? frequent property for rent/sale etc? Any updates would be appreciated. Have been looking around but didnt find much so far,

Many thanks
    J

Are you loaded? As in possessing a lot of $$$. Because you will need that to live there.

doesn't "living in Stanley" answer that already :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Cho-man:
    Are you loaded? As in possessing a lot of $$$. Because you will need that to live there.
    Are you by chance confusing Big Wave Bay with Deepwater Bay? While big wave bay (Shek O) is certainly not cheap (nor easy to find vacancy), I wouldn't say you have to be "loaded" to live there. I have a few friends renting places there for around 20K/month.
    Cho-man and Skyhook like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Open Casket:
    Are you by chance confusing Big Wave Bay with Deepwater Bay? While big wave bay (Shek O) is certainly not cheap (nor easy to find vacancy), I wouldn't say you have to be "loaded" to live there. I have a few friends renting places there for around 20K/month.
    No, I wasn't confusing the two places. I was just thinking about those nice big mansions there.

there's always the other Big Wave Bay, out in Sai Kung. I imagine that woudl be a lot less expensive.
    B*tch of a commute, though.
    Cho-man and bsh like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Loblaw:
    there's always the other Big Wave Bay, out in Sai Kung. I imagine that woudl be a lot less expensive.
    B*tch of a commute, though.
    For a place without a lot of "big waves", there sure are a lot of places called Big Wave Bay. Isn't there one on Lantau as well?

Thanks guys!

Not loaded actually, looking for a good deal to rent/buy. Didnt know there were so many big wave bays, I did mean the one on HK island Sheko :-). Was more wondering if this already a popular area or is considered to be one in the future - for actual living that is...

No, I wasn't confusing the two places. I was just thinking about those nice big mansions there.
    i think you are confusing big wave bay with shek o beach...not many "mansions" in bwb
    Open Casket and TheBrit like this.

Quote Originally Posted by cookie09:
    i think you are confusing big wave bay with shek o beach...not many "mansions" in bwb
    Plenty between Shek O and Big Wave Bay - so we can debate as much as we want but on the road linking the two, plenty of nice big fat mansions.
    Titus likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast