Tanzanian Man

Closed Thread

Tanzanian Man

Hi everyone, this is my first post here, I'm not a resident of Hong Kong although it's a place that I love to visit whenever possible. I wonder if anyone can give me some information about a man from Tanzania who I met on a day trip to Hong Kong.

On Sunday 18th March I met a Tanzanian man on Hong Kong Island near to the Wan Chai ferry terminal. He was lost and trying to find a church in North Point. Unfortunately I'm not that familiar with Hong Kong and couldn't help him. He told me that he has an illness and seemed desperate for help.

I'd like to know if anyone knows this man and if he was able to find help from the church at North Point.

Many thanks,

Tony

I met him about about a year ago. He told me the exact same story: He was ill (think it was pancreatic cancer), crying and trying to find a church in North Point. I felt sorry for the guy so I gave him 100 HKD for a taxi to North Point. At the time I was wondering whether it was a scam but gave him the benefit of the doubt. Now I'm sure it was.