Travel to Cyberport/Apartments

Closed Thread

Travel to Cyberport/Apartments

Hi,

My husband has just accepted a position in HK and his office will be moving to Cyberport in the New Year. We will be visiting in early January to look at apartments.

Does anyone have advice about travelling to Cyberport, as we believe it is a difficult place to get to.

What area's/building's should we be looking at for easy travel to Cyberport. We have 2 boys age 2 1/2 and 1. So 3 or more bedrooms would be great (Budget Max $30K).

I'd like to have a playground/park, swimming pool and supermarket close by. Also easy access to public transport would be a help as I don't really want to worry about a car for now.

Any input you give, will be very much appreciated.

You'll have a few options in the 30K range. Check Upper Baguio and Belair (they'd be on the top end of the range) - excellent communities and 5 min walk to Cyberport.

A little further away, you want to look at Kennedy Town which would be about 15 mins by bus / taxi from Cyberport.

Ap Lei Chau / Shum Wan also have a number of options in that range (20-25 mins by bus and might require a bus change)..

Might be worth asking someone in your husband's office to walk down to the real estate agents that plague the Cyberport / Baguio Area and get some current pricing.

apartments

How about Chi Fu as well?

Does Chi Fu have a swimming pool?

Chi Fu has an indoor pool.

Could consider Sheung Wan or Sai Ying Pun as well. The buses to Cyberport are convenient and run very frequently during business hours. You would have the added bonus of being relatively close to the Sheung Wan MTR station in those two locations.

My work is just beside Cyberport and we commute within 15 minutes from Causeway Bay on the 69X minibus at 7am every morning. Just in case you want to live in the thick of things!