Like Tree31Likes

Aberdeen?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Quote Originally Posted by mmbiker
    oh...

my budget is keep it within $10k per month for now. $6K would be ideal.

Short commute to Repulse Bay is a must for me but I am willing to go outside of HK island if that make sense.

thanks for all the response! Learning a lot!
    Is there a particular reason why you need to go to Repulse Bay daily? Just for the beach? Bottom line, a lot of the southside is an upscale district, even if there is cheaper rent in Aberdeen or parts of Ap Lei Chau, that does not solve the long commuting you will need to do to get to Tuen Mun and Shenzhen, even if you said that will be "less often". Which is more important for you, getting to Tuen Mun and Shenzhen or Repulse Bay?
    Last edited by Coolboy; 18-01-2020 at 08:38 AM.

Yes I'm curious what's in Repulse Bay too. I've never had any reason to go there except the beach.

Quote Originally Posted by monomono
    Yes I'm curious what's in Repulse Bay too. I've never had any reason to go there except the beach.
    Schools, Shops, F&B, Hotels, Tycoons... lots of trade / employment related reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by monomono
    There’s HKIS and several kindergartens so possible he/she has a job there.

I've asked in the forum as well about location advise when working in Science Park, near Sha Tin. Many people also strongly advised against living on the island, especially Island south.

I ended up living in Tsuen Wan. But for other private reasons I'm going to Aberdeen/Wong Chuk Hang about 2 times a week to/from work. And the commute takes only a few mins more compared to Tsuen Wan to Science Park.

The new South Island line makes getting to WCH a matter of minutes from TST, and a lot of busses connect to almost any point on the island from Hung Hom station.

I'm definitely happy in Tsuen Wan now, but I think I over-prioritized location a bit when choosing where to live. So when u need to go to Shenzhen/Tuen Mun only semi-frequent, the 107 or 170 (I think 171 as well) busses normally connect Aberdeen to Hung Hom in about 15mins, which I personally would not have a problem with.

imparanoic likes this.

For $6-10k a month you will need to look at sharing a room on HK Island. Perhaps Aberdeen has a room share for that price -- I have no idea. But I know room shares *off* of HK Island at remote locations are $5k and more. You can keep an eye out on the classifieds on this website for people advertising a room for rent.

My guess is you're going to be working at a restaurant in Repulse Bay... If it's work-related and you need to have a quick commute, I understand. But if you want to be close just because you love the beach and area, then I highly suggest you look at remote areas that have even nicer beaches.

Again, it would be really nice of you to explain more so we can make more helpful suggestions instead of just guessing.

If you look around HK Island west (Sai Ying Pun, Kennedy Town) you may find university students looking to share apartments.

https://geoexpat.com/classifieds/apa...lats-available

Coolboy likes this.

I know someone renting a room in a shared flat in North point for $4k. Room has space to walk but there are some weird stains on the ceiling.

If you're looking for newish-standard studios or one-br apartments, u probably need to look into Ma On Shan or Tuen Mun in your budget...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4