Like Tree31Likes

Aberdeen?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Aberdeen?

I am looking to rent a room near Repulse Bay. Aberdeen seems close by with bus route!

Does Aberdeen have subway system? If I rent in Aberdeen, is it convenient to go to Tuen Muen or Shenzhen from Aberdeen? These are two other places that I need to go often.

Is Aberdeen consider high end? Hopefully not... If rent was low in Repulse Bay, that would be the place I go but all research shows is one of the most expensive area in HK~~

Thanks

How often do you need to go to three places? Repulse Bay, Shenzhen and Tuen Men is a helluva inconvenient trifecta - do you really need to be near Repulse Bay? Are you going to be spending, like, 70 plus percent of your time there?

No Aberdeen MTR, but I think one is planned.

shri and imparanoic like this.

Can you explain what you're looking for? What kind of neighborhood, apartment, price range?

No, it is not convenient to go to Tuen Mun or Shenzhen from Aberdeen. Use google maps to experiment with directions to different places to get a sense of its transportation. I personally hate Aberdeen and it's connections -- or lack there of -- but there is now an MTR line going nearby to Wong Chuk Hang and South Horizons -- both of which are not "Aberdeen". Aberdeen is not high end, but as you have surmised there are high end places not too far away.

If you're looking to be close to beaches and have more open views, why don't you look at Gold Coast which is close to Tuen Mun?

Explain what your needs are and we can make suggestions of suitable neighborhoods...

nihaobitches and Coolboy like this.

No Aberdeen MTR, but I think one is planned.
    3-4 min bus ride (every 5 mins) to Wong Chuk Hang MTR station.
    nihaobitches likes this.

jgl

Quote Original Post:
    I am looking to rent a room near Repulse Bay. Aberdeen seems close by with bus route!

Does Aberdeen have subway system? If I rent in Aberdeen, is it convenient to go to Tuen Muen or Shenzhen from Aberdeen? These are two other places that I need to go often.
    The members here like being helpful, but some of these questions are taking the piss a bit- this one couple be answered by about 30 seconds on Google maps. Plonk down pins between two destinations, and Google plots a route. Or install citymapper on your phone for a whole combination of public transport options between two points.

Also suggest you look at the map of the MTR (the subway system).
    Last edited by jgl; 17-01-2020 at 09:48 AM.

Take a look at 28 House. They list inexpensive places all over HK including shared flats. Transport is very good in HK so you can really live practically anywhere and get to practically anywhere else. Sounds like you are trying to be economical with your rent so look for any decent low-rent place near transport (bus or MTR) and you will be good to go:

https://www.28hse.com/en/rent/place-1

AliT likes this.

Quote Original Post:

Is Aberdeen consider high end? Hopefully not... If rent was low in Repulse Bay, that would be the place I go but all research shows is one of the most expensive area in HK~~

Thanks
    It's hard to think of a worse commute than from Aberdeen to Shenzen for just too many reasons to list here : ffs don't even think about it .
    Aberdeen generally is one big inconvenient industrial type area with run down out of date town square and roads in permanent grid lock : It's the one place in Hong Kong I avoid like the plague . Apologies to any geo people living on a junk in the Marina
    Elegiaque likes this.

These are good feedback!

so Aberdeen is affordable and low end. Good.

not so convenient, that sucks but if price is right. I’ll live with it!

I will be visiting repulse bay almost daily, so better be come by. Shenzhen and NT area is for relatives. So less often

Quote Original Post:

Thanks
    better stick to Yuen Long or Sheung Shui, both are easy to get to Shenzhen or Tuen Mun, plus, instead of 90 sq ft shoe box for rental budget, you can get a 300 sq ft single bed flat for yourself instead a sub divided flat which probably vibrates a bit every someone closes the front door (some one told me about this) or you can hear constant talking as result of thin plaster board walls.

another alternative is half way in Kowloon or close part of NT, ie, kam sheung rd rural house, for 6000, you can get a 450 sq ft floor house and it's only 15 mins to TST, plenty of places to ride a bicycle as well here.

or somewhere in hung hom, for 6000 you can get a small flat around 230 sq ft, easy access to tuen mun (36 mins) and shenzhen (47mins to lo wu, direct train only 30mins), plus not too bad public transport to aberdeen or repulse bay, as it's only 10-15mins (depends which part of hung hom) to hk island, best aspect, with east rail (12 mins to tai wai bicycle paths) and west rail (21 mins to yuen long bicycle paths), you can ride your bicycle as well and more importantly, have sufficient space to store your bicycle unless you plan to store your bicycle right above your bed on wall rack in hk island shoe box

to be honest, do you want to be close to a nice beach in hk? is that your goal, why consider, places like discovery bay, tuen mun, tseung kwan o (as it's close to silverstrand beach and clear water bay beach), also you get more for your money than hk island

Coolboy likes this.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast