Recommended Buildings to Rent & Property Agents that Specialize in Quarry Bay/TaiKoo

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question Recommended Buildings to Rent & Property Agents that Specialize in Quarry Bay/TaiKoo

Hi!

Can anyone recommend:

1) English-speaking property agents that specialize in apartments for rent in Quarry Bay/Taikoo area?

2) What are the newer residential buildings in Quarry Bay/Taikoo area (i.e. say, about 4-5 years old) that are close to the MTR station, local restaurants, shopping mall and/or wet market?

This is slightly off the subject of this thread but how far is Quarry Bay/Taikoo to Central by MTR?

QB - Orchards, Casa 880, Kornville
    Taikoo - older, late 80's, not alot of newer buildings, Grand Promenade and Les Saisons are close in Sai Wan Ho (5 mins)

QB-Central is 15 mins, TK-Central is 17 mins

The best building in Taikoo is The Orchards. Very popular with the Japanese because of its elegance. However has a premium when it comes to rental value.

When it comes to Taikoo most of the agents offices have English speakers due to the " middle class " nature of the area.

Locals rave on about Taikoo Shing but I find its all very dark and cluttered, even though it is on top of the mall. For me Taikoo Kornhill is a most excellent destination to live in as its open and airy. Its owned by the MTR corporation and their building services are first rate. The blocks are older than your needs BUT if you can get a duplex in the blocks A- H ( at the top of the hill ) then I can't imagine you would give one thought to anything but spectacular views.

Agree with Boris. I recommend you go to Taikoo (you can then find out how long the MTR ride is) and there are agents on Kings Road (around Mos Burger, just before Jusco). Most agents I have found speak some english or will quickly get their english speaking office-mate for you. There are alot of places around so there is sure to be something that suits your budget.

Good Luck.

also check out Splendid Place, tucked behind Westland Gardens on Tai Koo Shing Rd, facing the harbour (but limited if any view)...fairly new and more upscale

easy to find journey times here

Last edited by timklip; 16-12-2008 at 02:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by unpretty:
    Hi!

Can anyone recommend:

1) English-speaking property agents that specialize in apartments for rent in Quarry Bay/Taikoo area?
    Take the MTR to Taikoo and walk out Exit B, there are several offices just beside the Jusco and any of them will have someone there that speaks English.

2) What are the newer residential buildings in Quarry Bay/Taikoo area (i.e. say, about 4-5 years old) that are close to the MTR station, local restaurants, shopping mall and/or wet market?
    Beside those mentioned (The Orchards, Casa 880) there is the Royal Terrace, close to Casa 880 / Quarry Bay MTR - magnificent view from the 32nd floor across Victoria harbour but the apartment was small and expensive (2 bedrooms / 581 sqf / 17000).

Kornville is a bit older building but in good shape, you can get 3 bedroom apartments (780 sqf) for 17k or less.

The Splendid is no good in my opinion, new building but no view from small units (555 sqf) for 19k.

[All prices are list prices, i.e. before negotiating.]

Riding on this thread can someone tell me which buildings in the area would have have 3 or 4 bedrooms (preferably) apartments which are at least about 1500 sq ft?

So far, I found 4 bedrooms in Casa 880 but it's only 1300+ sq ft.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by sannie75:
    Riding on this thread can someone tell me which buildings in the area would have have 3 or 4 bedrooms (preferably) apartments which are at least about 1500 sq ft?

So far, I found 4 bedrooms in Casa 880 but it's only 1300+ sq ft.

Thanks.
    Centamap found the following places for units with 1500sqf or more (no limit on price and building age) around North Point & Braemer Hill:
    Hanking Court
    Sky Scraper
    Wilshire Towers
    Braemer Hill Mansions
    Pacific Palisades Towers
    Oxford Court
    Summit Court

No hits in the Quarry Bay, Taikoo or Shaukeiwan area.
    Last edited by Raccon; 06-01-2009 at 07:47 PM.

grand promenade in Sai Wan Ho has 1500ft flats, about 15 mins walk or $25 taxi to QB

Last edited by timklip; 07-01-2009 at 08:39 AM.

Re: Grand Promenade in Sai Wan Ho.

The largest flats are about 1530 sq ft and have 3 bedrooms. I don't think there are any 4 bedrooms but I'm not positive.
    The facilities are very numerous and offer many amenities, especially for families. Yes - close to Quarry Bay and actually walking distance to Taikoo.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast