Residential areas in Taikoo, Quarry Bay, Tin Hau

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Residential areas in Taikoo, Quarry Bay, Tin Hau

Hi, does anyone know of a good residential area in Taikoo, Quarry Bay or Tin Hau? I don't know those areas well and would appreciate some pointers and suggestions. Any expats living in those areas? Are there many foreign restaurants, supermarkets in these areas et cetera?

If anyone has lived in one of those areas and Mid Levels, how different or similar are they from Mid Levels? Thanks.

Hi Chriztinas,

I am living in Quarry Bay, in Grand Promenade since 2 years now. It is a really nice place to live with a lot of facilities: Grand Promenade

I like my place for the view on the see, the clean apartment, the swimming pool and the fact that just downstair there are a lot of restaurants (soho east) and a decent parknshop with a lot of foreign stuff. The subway is 10 minutes walk and there is a nice promenade near the see to join City Plazza (mall). There is also a huge bus station with a lot of destination.

In this area you have also "les saisons" that have the same type of standing, but a bit older than Grand Promenade.

What else... I eard about a new building, near Taikoo place: "Casa 880". I don't know how it is. It is more near Jusco (really big supermarket) and the business center of Quarry Bay where there is few good restaurants.

You should ask a tour to an agency. There are a lot and they will be able to organize for you some visits.

Hope it will help you
    Bye

I am also in Grand Promenade, although technically it is in Sai Wan Ho ... just a stone's throw from Quarry Bay and Taikoo Shing.

I can echo Chriztina's comments ... lots of very nice assets to the complex itself, excellent staff, lovely sea views, and quick access to any form of transportation - mtr, tram, and bus stops are all very close and taxis are plentiful right outside the main building. In case you are interested, there are many children here and a lot of facilities for them; also there are tons of pets (not annoyingly so ... I just mention it to let you know they are quite welcome here).

There's really nothing to complain about residing here. Sai Wan Ho is a relatively 'local' area, with the requisite wet market, shops and restaurants ... quite charming to walk around and explore. Yet, as stated before, there is a Park n' Shop with an abundant selection, a nearby mall and movie theater, and a trendy restaurant/art gallery scene. It is like having the best of both western and eastern worlds right at your door.

I don't think you could really compare it to mid-levels. I'd say there are far fewer western expats here - GP and Les Saisons seem to be populated more by eastern expats (Japanese, Korean, etc) and Sai Wan Ho itself is almost completely local. That said, there are still a good number of westerners around and regardless, it's a friendly enough place ... doesn't matter where you are from.

Hope that helps, good luck on your search.

Fortress Hill

I live in Fortress Hill - Between Tin Hau and North Point. You don't find a lot of western expats here but I think that's one of the good things about it.

The block I live in is called the Sommet. Very well kept, nice pool and clubhouse and friendly people. Very family oriented.

Very near to MTR (couple mins walk), tram & buses (including airport bus - 50 mins)

Same supermarkets as elsewhere in HK ie Welcome and Parkn' shop. Also nearer than Quarry Bay to Central and has more of a feeling of still being near the City.

Mid levels is a totally different place. Lot's of western expats, bars etc but not so much space.

Depends on what you are looking for. If I didn't have kids I'd live in mid levels but I do, so I live here and I love it.

Happy to answer specific questions if you have any.

Quote Originally Posted by Loulina:
    What else... I eard about a new building, near Taikoo place: "Casa 880". I don't know how it is. It is more near Jusco (really big supermarket) and the business center of Quarry Bay where there is few good restaurants.Bye
    The units in Casa 880 are large and expensive, more affordable would be Royal Terrace across the road.

chriztinas, take a look at this thread: http://www.geoexpat.com/forum/thread36535.html

Quote Originally Posted by Sue&Safia:
    I live in Fortress Hill - Between Tin Hau and North Point. You don't find a lot of western expats here but I think that's one of the good things about it.

The block I live in is called the Sommet. Very well kept, nice pool and clubhouse and friendly people. Very family oriented.

Very near to MTR (couple mins walk), tram & buses (including airport bus - 50 mins)

Same supermarkets as elsewhere in HK ie Welcome and Parkn' shop. Also nearer than Quarry Bay to Central and has more of a feeling of still being near the City.

Mid levels is a totally different place. Lot's of western expats, bars etc but not so much space.

Depends on what you are looking for. If I didn't have kids I'd live in mid levels but I do, so I live here and I love it.

Happy to answer specific questions if you have any.
    Could you give me an idea of the rents in your area? I am on a shoestring budget of 7000 HK$. Not sure I can find anything in that domain...!!!

Thank you all for your comments. I went to check out the Grand Promenade among others. It's a nice environment in Taikoo/Sai Wan Ho though I'm not looking for a family environment. I figure that part of the island is more family oriented.

I was told there aren't many apartments out for rent, or at least according to my specs, in Tin Hau area. Seems like the market's getting hot again, with rents not depressed anymore and more renters looking around.

Quote Originally Posted by nike439:
    Could you give me an idea of the rents in your area? I am on a shoestring budget of 7000 HK$. Not sure I can find anything in that domain...!!!
    The block I'm in is around $30-$40k pm but there are other apartment blocks which I think would be cheaper. Unlikely to be $7k though. There are several estate agents in the are you could go and have a look to see what you could gt for that amount.

I am moving to Quarry bay in end of July, would very much like to know where the wet markets and local markets are, and also the supermarkets.
    Many thanks

The North Point area stretches from Model Housing Estate in the east to Victoria Park/Tung Lo Wan Road in the west. The southern boundaries are pretty much where it starts to climb up the steep mountains (residential areas here are marketed as North Point 'mid-levels'). The northern boundary is Victoria Harbor.
    Within this large and densely populated area you can find a great deal of top-quality residential areas which come at a price, there are also some very cheap ones and lots in between the two.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast