Morning commute from Kennedy Town into Central

Closed Thread

Smile Morning commute from Kennedy Town into Central

Hi, I am considering moving to the Kennedy Town area (either The Merton, or Manhattan Heights), but have heard rumours that the morning commute (by shuttle/bus/taxi/minibus) into Central can be chaotic.

Can anyone who lives there/has lived there share their experiences please?

Thanks!!

I used to live in the Belchers and shortly after moving there I bought a car. All the buses, trams and taxi's are full every morning from 7:30 to 9 so it is a pain in the neck. You may be luckier from Mertons as it is the first tram stop so you may get a seat

I have lived in Tai Koo ( Island ), Tai Po ( New Territories ) and now live in Kennedy Town. It doesn't matter where you live, the rush hour commute is always a crush. In Kennedy there are many buses ( big and small ) + the tram so its better situated and by no means isolated. Plus the journey time to central is very short.

In the Lair of the Village Idiot's Apprenctice

You might also want to take into considreation the fact that the MTR is coming to this area so be prepared for a decade of roadworks to add to the morning fun and games.

I used to do this commute, and I found one morning it would take 10 mins and then the next day 45 mins. It is jammed most mornings.

Original Post Deleted
    Thanks for all your input!

I'm actually more inclined towards Manhattan Heights...

Cryptic_ss:
    I'd to leave around 8:15am, hoping for a 30-minute commute to Central. I guess I'm more concerned as to whether the shuttle buses/public buses are punctual and reliable, in terms of being able to get a seat (on the shuttle bus) or at least a space to stand (for public buses).

Does anyone else have any other views/suggestions? Much appreciated!!

Tram is cheap and fast especially the first tram.

I know someone with a vacant one bedroom flat to rent in the Merton - 615 sq feet. PM me if you want more details.

Cryptic_ss,

Thanks again for your input, it's very helpful indeed!

I'm back in HK next week and will touch base again.

Cheers