do you write airmail or par avion when sending letters from hk?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by aussiegal:
    God I hate it when people don't get irony. Next time I'll included quotation marks to make sure there is no confustion. Geez.
    I doubt your statement would make it into the top 100 "Best examples of irony" list!!

How come any letter or postcard I send from anywhere in the world takes 3-4 weeks to arrive at the address in Australia? Does anyone else have this happen? I put heaps of stamps on it, plus airmail sticker, etc, but still it never gets there within a week or two.

/Maybe the Post Office just hates me.

Postcards always take ages, every postal service in the world puts them way down the priority, I don't know why. Try putting them in an envelope.

I have some small parcels to send overseas (surface mail, books), do I have to go to a post office to do this, or is there anywhere else to buy stamps? If not, is there a post office near to Caine Road, or will I need to go into Central?

Sorry for the stupid question!

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

7-Eleven or Circle K sell the books of 10 stamps.

Or you can go to the Post Office on Wyndham Street, by the junction of Arbuthnot Road.

Last edited by Claire ex-ax; 13-08-2009 at 10:22 AM.

Thanks, Claire will try there. As I don't have any scales will need to go the post office this time I think.

In the Lair of the Village Idiot's Apprenctice

There are people I know who will not post anything from anywhere except the chute located on the 1st floor of the GPO.
    It seems that mail posted anywhere else will be stolen, lost, burnt, or soaked.

Quote Originally Posted by hongkongnewyork:
    silly question, i know. just curious.
    It seems nobody has really understood the question.

You can write both, "By Air" or "Par Avion", since French is the official postal language worldwide.

Hi

I've bought a book of stamps from 7-11 but the assistant didn't know if they could be used on letters to Europe. They are 30c, does anyone know what the rate is?

Quote Originally Posted by Beanieskis:
    Hi

I've bought a book of stamps from 7-11 but the assistant didn't know if they could be used on letters to Europe. They are 30c, does anyone know what the rate is?

Hongkong Post - Postage Rate

Quote Originally Posted by Beanieskis:
    Hi

Well yes but you will have to use a lot of them. I think it is HK$3 per letter. 7-11 do books of stamps for HK use, they are HK$1.40 each.