From YWCA to Robinson Road/Seasons' Fitness

From YWCA to Robinson Road/Seasons' Fitness

Hi, does anyone know if there are any public buses running from YWCA (MacDonnell Road/Garden Road) to Robinson Road? Does anyone go swimming or use the gym there?

Where exactly is the Season's Fitness on Garden Road? I pass by but I never see it...is there another location near Sheung Wan/Central?

Thanks in advance!!!

Er, the start of Robinson is only about 150m from the YWCA. The 56 and 56A green minibuses are the only public buses of any sort that go along Robinson from East to West. But there is also the #12 bus that goes from the bus stop on Kennedy Road beside Cotton Tree Drive and then along Upper Albert, Caine, Seymour and back along Robinson Road in a loop, so it depends where on Robinson you want to get to.

Seasons Fitness is in Citibank Plaza - that's the building immediately downhill from the Peak Tram station.

Last edited by PDLM; 05-11-2009 at 10:05 PM.

Hmm..

Quote Originally Posted by PDLM:
    Er, the start of Robinson is only about 150m from the YWCA. The 56 and 56A green minibuses are the only public buses of any sort that go along Robinson from East to West. But there is also the #12 bus that goes from the bus stop on Kennedy Road beside Cotton Tree Drive and then along Upper Albert, Caine, Seymour and back along Robinson Road in a loop, so it depends where on Robinson you want to get to.

Seasons Fitness is in Citibank Plaza - that's the building immediately downhill from the Peak Tram station.
    Ok I didn't know 56 and 56A pass through MacDonnell or Garden Road...rarely see those going in that direction. I've taken the #12 M bus before, but it dosen't stop very close to MacDonnell Road, quite a walk up from Cotton Tree drive isn't it?
    I'm trying to get back to the "welcome" area on Robinson Road.

Well frankly I would say walk - it's only about 10-15 minutes maximum.

Garden Road is downhill only. Cotton Tree Drive is the uphill road. The 56 and 56A come up Cotton Tree Drive and into Robinson Road at the top. They're very often full at that point though so I don't think that's a route to rely on.

#12M is a different route from #12.

#12 stops at HK Park (outside the Squash Centre) and then takes the left exit off Cotton Tree Drive on and stops outside Kennedy Heights on Kennedy Road (which is about 150m down the hill from the YWCA) before going along Caine and then turning back up Seymour. The stop you need is the one at the top of Seymour Road, just before the back entrance to Wellcome.

But the #12 has a 20 minute headway, so really, at least 8 times out of 10, it would be quicker to walk. If you're doing it when the Botanical Gardens is open then go a few metres downhill from the YWCA, take the bridge across CTD/Garden Road, then head up and left across the Gardens to the top exit near the junction of Robinson Road and Albany Road, then straight along Robinson.

Last edited by PDLM; 06-11-2009 at 12:52 AM.

Hey PDLM,

Thanks for your help, so it seems like my best shots are walking or the #12. But if I take that from YWCA to Robinson I would have to go 150 m downhill if I'm getting you right. (I'm not sure where the roads you mentioned are EXACTLY).
    Garden Road is downhill only for buses right? Cuz if I take a taxi they go uphill...
    Isn't the Botanical Gardens opened everyday? I assume you're talking about the park with an entrace off Caine Road..

What's CTD?

It then seems there are no routes going uphill from Garden to Robinson then...except #12... Since the minibuses don't go that route...hmphh..

Last edited by creamy338; 06-11-2009 at 01:25 AM.

OK if you're being pedantic, I think where Cotton Tree Drive (CTD) and Garden Road come together at the top for 100m or so then it is strictly all called Garden Road and goes both ways.

The Botanical Gardens is open every day, but it shuts at about 7pm. It has many entrances.

The #12 does not go up Garden/CTD all the way to Robinson. As I've tried to explain repeatedly, it goes along Upper Albert Road, Caine, Seymour and then back down the section of Robinson from the junction at the Wellcome. It is a circular route.

Have a look at YPMap to see where all these roads are, and at the Citybus/NWFB site to find out more about bus routes.