Kennedy Town - Merton and Manhattan Heights

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

The refuse incinerator will be demolished next year. Residents in Kennedy Town cornerns the pollution by dioxins and other emissions. See whether the agent would tell you about this.

The agent should also let you know that there's a mortuary near merton, next to teh incinerator.

So does this incinerator and mortuary has any effect on the residents of MH/Merton??? I would not think there's any big problem other than the stigma associated with these stuff.

The incinerator/mortuary is at least 300m away from Metron/MH. No big deal!!!

Google Earth /maps.google.com
    MH [22.2837069469N 114.126781564E]
    Metron [22.2835333209N 114.12600185E]

Mortuary[22.2824392294N 114.122996816E]
    Incinerator[22.282695779N 114.123372325E]

Quote Originally Posted by Krishna:
    I am a newbie to HK. Can someone tell me the travel time from Merton to Pacific Place. I am guessing that Pacific Place is not far from Central or IFC which has been already mentioned and it would take around 25mins at peak hrs. Also, what is the difference between mini-vans and the regular buses??? Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.
    Hi! I stay in Merton and commute to Pacfic Place daily for work too.. u might like to cab-share if our timing suits?

but the abatoir is just by the side and hopefully u don't hear the screams of the pig souls.. 8-P

just rattering...

Quote Originally Posted by andante:
    Hi! I stay in Merton and commute to Pacfic Place daily for work too.. u might like to cab-share if our timing suits?
    Hi Andante! I'm moving to Merton this week... let's catch up sometime soon...

The seaview at NH is overrated. During the typhoon season, it will turn out to be a nightmare if you have a frontal seaview.

hiya, i moved into merton for a week now. its ok... nothing to compain about.
    probably the wrong thread for this, but can anyone recommend a cleaning service? like a weekly 2 hour job for the apartment? thx.

Quote Originally Posted by goman:
    The seaview at NH is overrated. During the typhoon season, it will turn out to be a nightmare if you have a frontal seaview.

why wld it ? you just close the window.
    if you are talking about the sound, then everywhere in hk u are going to get the same noisy windy sound during typoon

Quote Originally Posted by freeier:
    why wld it ? you just close the window.
    if you are talking about the sound, then everywhere in hk u are going to get the same noisy windy sound during typoon
    Not the sound, the windows may shatter... an additional price (over the already inflated rent) to pay for having a full frontal seaview.