Kennedy Town - Merton and Manhattan Heights

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Kennedy Town - Merton and Manhattan Heights

I am looking at apartments at the Merton and Manhattan Heights - any views comparing the two buildings are welcome.

Also, can anyone tell me whether the incinerator/abattoir/mortuary are all shut down? I suspect some high-rise building will come up soon some day, but any 'inside news' from the GeoExpat veterans are welcome

I think that and the views of the cemetery on the hillside are the only negatives for Merton.

Cheers

was just there yesterday and while never lived therein the area seems nice and if you can manage a northwardly view then it's quite spectacular. also, that part of Kenn Town isn't as crowded and the hills in the background are pretty cool. seems like public trans is also very accessible.

I am probably going to rent a place in Manhattan Heights. I love the view (is it a Hong Kong thing not to like looking North??). Decided MH over Merton due to apartment layout and also the fact there are lots of renovations being done in Merton right now as it is a brand new building.

its cheaper in merton. am deciding whether to rent this place or somewhere in the east.

the abattoir has been closed for 4 years, and i suspect the rest of the list are as well. but u can see the building just beside blk 1 n blk 2 so its kind of scary! haha..

its not the HK thing, i think more like the north facing wld be 3-5k more exp in terms of rental.

Although the abattoir and incinerator have been closed, I heard there's a mortuary near the Merton.

Perhaps that's why it's cheaper.

The rooms in the Merton are smaller I believe. You may want to do a search in the forums for Manhattan Heights as I believe all that can be said about the place has been said (several times) in these forums.

Also: water views from Manhattan Heights have spotty mobile phone reception, regardless of provider. And those Macau ferries are pretty damn loud...so you might want to go high up if possible.

Hi, I have just got a place at Merton apartments, I quite like given that it's brand new and not too small! Manhanttan Heights is too expensive comparing to Merton as Merton has a lot of units for rent right now so as tenants, we have the bargaining power. I got a place 650 sqf with mountain view for 9200/month

The Mortuary is still in use, but it is quite far actually, much near er to the Victoria 60#! You cant see it from Mertons.

Mertons is nice and not a bad choice to buy as future investment since there will be MTR in 2012 v near by

mtr is an unknown yet. they might build it near belcher from what i was told by the RE agent

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast