Working in Quarry Bay- Where to live?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Check 'The Orchards'. Very nice and new.

How much would a studio cost here? It seems also that the units are usually unfurnished... I'm definitely moving to HK in April and have to start looking for an apartment...

I might also suggest Tin Hau (Next MTR after Causeway Bay) - There are some very cool places in and around Tin Hau which would be in your price range and the bottom end of Tin Hau Temple Road and a lot of little restaurants. Three stops to Quarry Bay or plenty of buses if you prefer to stay above ground. I can recommend an agency I have used before which is very good if you want to have a look.

Thanks for all the ideas people - I've feel much more informed and less overwhelmed. Oh and yes, good agent tips are welcome.

Someone mentioned Grand Promenade, does it have tennis courts, no mention of it on Hongkonghomes.com. Any other apartments in Quarry Bay or Taikoo have tennis courts or at least easy access to a public courts? Pls post

Pokfulham may look far away but a friend of mine lives there and says there is a direct bus to Q Bay - so she gets here in under 30min where as I spend 50 mins getting here from Mid-levels.

Suedehead- Give me a bell if fancy lunch when you get here - always nice to know more people out in this part of town :-)

claireabella, which part of Pokfulam, i.e. to Belcher or Cyberport? We have considered both but thought may be too far to Q-bay, could you find out which bus is your friend taking? Thanks

Yes. A bus number would be great if you could find that out clairabella! Lunch sounds cool. I'll keep it in mind for when I arrive.

grand promenade does not have tennis court, but there are a few public courts just beside it. have not checked out the cost but my agent told me its public for booking.

Kornhill - good place in Quarry Bay w/ tennis courts

I'd also suggest Kornhill (apologies if someone has already mentioned it). It has 7 tennis courts, 2 pools, and super-convenient to MTR and grocery. Myself and also another GeoExpatter both moved there and are pretty happy with it. Definitely w/n your budget as well - could get a 3BR and still have plenty left over for beer. If you do a search on Kornhill w/in GeoExpat forums, you'll learn a lot more! good luck!