Like Tree6Likes

Sharkwater, a documentary about sharks

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sharkwater, a documentary about sharks

I have just seen Rob Stewart's film "Sharkwater" and feel compelled to shamelessly promote this amazing film, Stewart is a hero and guardian of the oceans.

I urge all of you, if you haven't already, to go see this film being shown in UA Cinemas now, check out times at UA Cinemas.

Also, the only way to end this needless slaughter of these magnificent animals is to stop eating shark fin and lobby the government to ban hunting of sharks.

This movie totally debunked all the media myths about sharks we have been fed, I knew within the first five minutes of watching it that it would be unlike any other movie I've ever seen.

If you are so moved, there is a petition for a global ban on shark finning: Call for a global ban on shark finning Call for a global ban on shark finning - The Petition Site

Saw the documentary awhile ago. I have quit consuming shark's fin soup ever since. As delicious as it is, I don't want partake in the extinction of sharks.

Another great movie that I would recommend is The Cove. You may or may not have heard of it but it received an oscar for Best Documentary this year. It's about Japan's large slaughtering of dolphins that the government has hid from all of its people. Quite possibly one of the most entertaining documentaries I've ever seen. Think Jason Bourne meets Flipper.

Quote Originally Posted by laserrain:
    Saw the documentary awhile ago. I have quit consuming shark's fin soup ever since. As delicious as it is, I don't want partake in the extinction of sharks.
    as per the receipe and seeing it on a documentary previously, it is tasteless on its own, people only eat it like show of wealth that is why most Chinese wedding banquest must have Sharks Fin Soup.

Chinese Food Recipes - How to prepare Shark's fin in Chinese cooking,

Shark's fin is tasteless but has an amazing ability to bring out and enhance the flavor of other foods cooked with it. It is usually simmered in rich flavorful broth. In making shark's fin soup, first class restaurants would use superior stock or "high soup", a bowl of which is made from hours of simmering chickens, fine pork and ham, and at times with dried scallops and abalone into concentrated essence. Now you know why they can cost a bomb. Other ingredients like crab meats and eggs can be added while black vinegar makes a good accompaniment with shark's fin soup. A dash of whisky or brandy can be used in replace of vinegar to add a zip to it.

pinkelephant likes this.

I do not at all find shark's fin tasteless. Maybe it's the soup base they use but i find it quite delicious.

Maybe the shark wanted to enjoy a bowl of human finger soup. Turn about is fair play.

Quote Originally Posted by ReverendJay:
    Maybe the shark wanted to enjoy a bowl of human finger soup.
    A trip to Wendy's would be in order.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Im7W1AnDmgA&feature=related]YouTube - A woman missed her shark fin soup in Hong Kong 我要食魚翅呀[/ame]

pinkelephant likes this.

That lady needs to chill the fuck out and stick to eating Bird's Nest. I swear it tastes exactly the same as shark's fin.

hahahahaaaaa!! was she really throwing a tantrum for the soup or was it something else?

I haven't watched sharkwater yet,but would definitely do so soon!

another must watch is "Earthlings"
    anyone seen it?
    I stopped eating meat after watching it a couple of months back.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast