Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By hdinh

Bars/Clubs playing funky house

Closed Thread

Bars/Clubs playing funky house

Hey guys,

I'm pretty new to HK and to this thread and was wondering if some of you could help me out?

As much as I love going to see live bands... I was wondering if any of you knew which bars/clubs played funky house music... I'm not after any cheesy top 40 - but stuff that I can really shake my bootie to!

I'm after sounds like Mylo, Blaze, Gadjo - remixes of Miguel miggs...french house and banging spanish house! I'd love it even more if you knew places that had live bongo players... Any 'Clapham' style bars? (for the former Londoners)

Does anyone know any? Does anyone want to head to one with me?

I take it from the lack of response that it's not looking good for me? ah-yah...

Drop

hi red kiera,

there are actually a few round LKF but maybe not so many places which play the more commercial stuff that you have mentioned...

Try Drop, i reckon that place is awesome. It plays a bit of funky and soulful house...

errm it's sorta hard to find. down a dark alleyway. PM me and i give you more details. might meet you there sometime lol

hdinh

Quote Originally Posted by RedKiera:
    Hey guys,

I'm pretty new to HK and to this thread and was wondering if some of you could help me out?

As much as I love going to see live bands... I was wondering if any of you knew which bars/clubs played funky house music... I'm not after any cheesy top 40 - but stuff that I can really shake my bootie to!

I'm after sounds like Mylo, Blaze, Gadjo - remixes of Miguel miggs...french house and banging spanish house! I'd love it even more if you knew places that had live bongo players... Any 'Clapham' style bars? (for the former Londoners)

Does anyone know any? Does anyone want to head to one with me?

in an underground bunker at an undisclosed location

funky and soulful house? There's always Dragon-I....(if you can get in)

Otherwise, if you're looking for a wide range of dance music with some pretty good DJs, then Yumla is the place to be.

Yumla

Yumla is good as it's a breaks place...

Small and intimate playing music with a broken beat ... yeah man that's my kinda style...

hdinh

thorkas likes this.