Coldplay live in HK

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

What you guys think about concerts in Hong Kong in general?

I found that there is no real atmosphere as in other cities like London, Berlin or Moscow when a great band is performing.
    People here in HK are just sitting on their chairs and watching the gig as it was an opera.

How come it is like this in hk?

argh.. don't say that! I haven't been to a HK concert... yet...

Back in Toronto now - after 10 1/2 years in HK
    Quote Originally Posted by Deverson:
    What you guys think about concerts in Hong Kong in general?

I found that there is no real atmosphere as in other cities like London, Berlin or Moscow when a great band is performing.
    People here in HK are just sitting on their chairs and watching the gig as it was an opera.

How come it is like this in hk?
    In HK they are petrified at providing free standing room at front. Well, speaking of big bands, at least during the Stones concert at Harbourfest it wasn't a night at the opera - everybody was on their feet and, taking the line from Neil Young a couple of days earlier, kept on rocking away to abandon (albeit dangerously, standing on their flimsy chairs) in the free world - (well, except perhaps for the Rt. Hon. C.H. Tung and James Tien and suchlike official and quasi-official bigwigs who were also seen ahem 'in attendance').

In other venues, esp indoor ones, you're right. The establishment rules and has trouble distinguishing one genre of performance from another (except for the bucks it brings in), and the ushers have a conditioned reflex to leap and slap you back into position the moment your bottom is detecting lifting as much as an inch off the seat. OK I'm exaggerating but it's not too far off the mark.

i went to the Oasis concert at AsiaWorld in February. There was no opening band and they played by themselves. I forked out the dough for the expensive seats (block 15) but since the gig wasn't sold out, people from the cheap seats just move over to our side. Security was really lax compared to NY. Where's the metal detectors? Sound was alright and atmosphere was decent. Wish I could see Coldplay, but I'll be out of town. It should be a sweet show, just get there on time!

FYI - Tickets available incase someone wants them.

http://www.geoexpat.com/classifieds/...p?product=7984

Is anyone in Block B? btw, anyone want to meet up after?

Yep let's definitely meet up after!

Anyone know of any bars/pubs around that area that we could meet up?

best bet is somewhere in the airport. I am sure they have a bar somewhere. We gotta find someplace to meet up after.

COLDPLAY tickets

Hey anyone out there wants 2 coldplay concert tickets? its in block C. its sold at face value $580+ plus the $10 transaction fee. if ur interested, pls let me know asap.

Ayukobaby.. are you not going anymore??

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast