techno club in HK

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

techno club in HK

Is there any good club playing techno music? maybe like Fabric in London..... kind of sick of all the pop songs in the clubs in HK....
    any alternatives to recommend?
    C

Drop and Yumla. You won't get a London-like experience in those clubs though. Most of the people in Drop aren't there for the music, and Yumla isn't a club it is a bar so people don't dance that much there (depends on the night I guess) and a lot of people just stand outside talking there.

If you are looking for nights where the music is good (and is house) look up Destroyed HK and Scream! on facebook. They put on most of the house/electro events in HK. The events are hit and miss, sometimes there are a lot of people there, sometimes they are empty.

If you are looking for other stuff like drum & bass or hip hop, there are other promoters putting on those events. Heavy and Kongkreetbass = dnb and Swagga = hip hop/soul/funk etc.

If you want big clubs though then you gotta go to the clubs that play the shit music. Every now and then a big overseas DJ will play at those clubs though, just keep an eye on hkclubbing.com for that stuff.

Elite Force is playing at Aqua next Saturday, he was awesome the last time I saw him but that event is wayyyyyy too expensive and it is at Aqua so fuck that, going to a dnb event that night instead. There are a few things coming up at Volar in the next few weeks that you might be interested in (look on hkclubbing.com for them).

Also look on hongkongdj.com as they list some events that hkclubbing.com doesn't list (they don't list any of the underground stuff).

I think if you really just want good electronic music and to be on the dance floor with people who also like the music and dance a bit then you should look up the promoters I mentioned that are putting on the smaller events. Go there around 12:30am, have a few drinks, introduce yourself to the punters and the DJs (they are all really nice and will be on the dance floor when they're not playing) and I think you will have a good time.

Also, Enso and Yao and the rest of the crew that put on the Hype Nasty shows at Volar are cool. You can email and they will put you on the list to get in for free if you rock up before 12.

Also, Yumla mostly plays tech and minimal. Drop mostly plays deep house. Won't see many locals at either club either, for different reasons.

yes: Heavy Hong Kong puts on fun gigs. IMO, they seem to be fun from midnight until 2, then the freaks ruin the dance floor.

heavy hong kong 的 MySpace 音樂 - 免費串流 MP3,下載圖片及音樂

haha, aww poor freaks, maybe I am one of them, I am usually there until 4 :P

yea drop and yumla.
    also Homebase and Bassment (dont know what it called now) but these ppl aren't too many ppl and ppl usually dont dance

damn I can't even get in Drop! I want house music for real

Quote Originally Posted by Safir88:
    damn I can't even get in Drop! I want house music for real
    Just go to the Destroyed HK and Scream events. No annoying door bitch there.

Tonight they have Elite Force at Aqua, he plays a mix of electro house, breaks and dubstep and he is very good. But it is damn expensive and the crowd isn't likely to be good:

登入 | Facebook

Or you can come to the drum and bass/dubstep event tonight if you like that stuff:

登入 | Facebook

Next week there is a beach party at Repulse Bay. All house DJs, looks like a lot of people going to this one so far:

登入 | Facebook

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast