High Definition World Cup TV in HK

Closed Thread

High Definition World Cup TV in HK

Hi,

I just heard that the BBC will be broadcasting the Football World Cup in glorious High Definition. I've only just moved to HK but was looking to buy a TV and sound set up. Does anyone know the state of HD in HK ? Also, any chance I can watch the World Cup on a HD channel here ?

Any help appreciated !

Rgds
    Rick

Quote Originally Posted by rb1234:
    Does anyone know the state of HD in HK ?
    Sadly non-existant as far as I know. I think I heard Now TV may be trialling something, but as it needs 20-odd Mbs overADSL, don't hold your breath for real-life implementation.

Rumors are .. Netvigator has ordered 10,000 hdtv sets... gearing up for a 30-40mbps network. No clue if they can manage this by the world cup .. doubt it.

Thanks

Ok, thanks anyway. Looks like I'm just going to have to watch it on normal TV...

I think its on icable channel one. This is a free channel. I get this channel in my building even though I do not have icable at all. I have NowTV.

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal
    (despite Scotland's miserable failure to qualify)
    But Scotland didn't qualify in 2006 either , which is the year this thread refers to.

It is still a good question. Where I came from every freaking game was on TV and I saw all the top ones. Here it looks not on regular tv so what is the best option - I have basic NOW.

By the way, never underestimate the ability of the Scots to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

Maybe its about time that the UK launched one team.

Since the UK is going in the opposite direction (increasing autonomy for Scotland) I think that is unlikely.

You get other historical oddities like the Irish rugby team which is representative of the whole island of Ireland, whereas the soccer and other sports teams are split between the Republic and NI.