DaVinci Code -- Movie Reviews

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

DaVinci Code -- Movie Reviews

Confess!!!

Despite the critics giving the movie bad reviews how many of you went and saw it?

I must say I was surprised, overall an excellent movie (didn't feel like 2.5 hours ... except for a couple of minutes) which stayed true to most of the story line.

While no movie (perhaps a mini series?) can do justice to a book that has so many tangents and digressions... definately $60 well spent and far better than most of the junk we've seen so far this year.

Hear what you say but as with any movie was it $60 worth spent because of the cinema feel or could you have enjoyed it just as much on DVD at home?

I think I enjoyed the movie quite a bit overall, and while it isn't exactly a masterpiece, I don't think it deserves nearly the amount of criticism that seems to be piling on it. However, I haven't yet read the book, so I think coming into it with a blank mind helped. I can see why anyone who's read the book would find it dull, as any hint of mystery or suspense is already gone.

I liked the movie and honestly havent read the reviews .... but then I dont think the movie is being compared to 'other movies' its being compared to the book ....

and the book was one of the best !

Looking forward to watching it this afternoon!!

Discobay : I'm usually not too keen on watching top end movies at home for the first time. yes, I'd add this movie to my Dvd collection, but I don't think it is a rental-only.

http://www.deadlinehollywooddaily.co...da-vinci-code/

So much for critics knowing what people really want ...

I agree With You KIA I went on Thursday the first day of release !! I was desperatly waiting for the release since a long time ... i would say i got my moneys worth ..and was satisfied with the movie ... i think every individual can come up with their own conclusion .. and solve the ancient secret by them selves ... i havent read the book ... but was following the events very closely ... but people who have seen the documantries on Nat Geo would find it more simple to understand what the fuss is all about .. .. i thought tom hanks was not as usual ... the locales were wonderful .. .. ron havard was in a kind of hurry ... to finish the movie in its stipulted .. time which he couldnt so so eventually .... and for the critics .. .. the results are there to see .. it has made a record opening collection .. and all set to be one of the most sucessful films ever made ..

In the Lair of the Village Idiot's Apprenctice

count the stars

The DaVinci Code

This DaVinci's a Masterpiece!!!

http://www.weeklyblurb.com/

Watched the Da Vinci code at IFC today and I liked it. It might be a bit difficult to follow the story unless one has read the book. Conversely, however, the suspense factor would obviously be higher for people, who haven't read the book.

It's been a while since I read the book so I don't remember if a romance developed between Sophie and Langdon like in Angels and Demons between Vittoria and Langdon. However, I didn 't get the sense of sparks flying between Tom and Audrey. Not sure if this was as intended.

Moreover, I don't think it was overly negative on Catholicism etc.; many 'positive' references to religious practices: for example, young Robert prayed to Jesus to get out of the well he fell into as a child. On the other hand, Opus Dei could have been given a more balanced description as all most viewers are likely to remember of that group is the self-punishments of Silas.

I must say it was an afternoon well spent and many of the negative reviews are unjustified.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast