Like Tree2Likes

Pubs to watch Premier League?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Pubs to watch Premier League?

Moving to HK in August from London and need my fix of football.

What are the best places to watch Premier League matches on weekends in HK? Is there a big following? Are they shown at many pubs or are there specific sports pubs people go watch the games? The time difference to the UK is quite favourable - late evening should be when games are on in HK, or even primetime 7/8pm for the early kickoff ones. Been to HK a few times but never ventured far from LKF as well as few of the smaller roads with bars in TST (Ashley rd and Hanoi rd if memory serves me correctly). Thanks!

Nearly every bar in Wan Chai, just too many to list. Unfortunately my team got relegated!

NorthernNomad likes this.

Don't forget Mid-Levels, LKF or pretty much most bars with a television in them. Otherwise there is the Jockey Club outlets for betting.

I remember watching a match between South China Athletic and Liverpool. Most locals were supporting Liverpool.

NorthernNomad likes this.

Pretty much everywhere where there are bars, TST, Wanchai, Lan Kwai Fong, walk around and u'll run into a few that show it.

There is definitely a big following, for big games too it's better to get to the bar half an hour in advance cuz once the game starts there's really no way u'll find a seat!

You can watch it pretty much anywhere as others have mentioned. If you follow one particular club or another you should check with the club's fan / supporters club office to see if there is a branch here in Hong Kong. Might be more fun to watch a game with a dozen other serious fans of your side rather than a random group in a pub.

Delaney's, Wanchai is the official Spurs supporters bar.

Amici's, Wanchai is the office Liverpool supporters club.

The Bull&Bear,Wanchai used to show all Rangers Vs Celtic games, but now that is called The Village not sure what their plans are.

There is a new Manchester United Bar opened in Lock Road, TST. I assume they will be showing all United games ;-)

Champs in the basement of the Charterhouse hotel on Wanchai Road is a great venue for watching premier league if you wanted to get away from expat crowds. Definitley a more local feel.

My personal preference for watching football is the Old China Hand on Lockhart Road, Wanchai. Cheap beers, good bar staff and a great location...

Great. Thank you for all the tips!

Yorkshire Pudding on Staunton Street in Soho.

I'm a bit late to the party but for anyone searching here in future, you can check out the First Touch pub guide which lists bars showing live football, the weekly schedule of live games, and a supporters club listing - all at http://www.firsttouch.hk

(Disclosure: I write for the mag)

i went to pure bar last time and i really liked it. it was less crowded so it wasn't too noisy, it gets ridiculously crowded in wanchai sometimes

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast